2000 Hour Jet Captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IH8MESA

This incident reports the Captain of an E170 as having 2000 hours total time?????

NTSB Identification: NYC06LA002
Scheduled 14 CFR Part 121: Air Carrier operation of Shuttle America (D.B.A. United Express)
Accident occurred Monday, October 03, 2005 in Dulles, VA
Aircraft: Embraer 170, registration: N650RW
Injuries: 1 Serious, 44 Uninjured. ..............The captain held an airline transport pilot certificate with a rating for airplane multi-engine land. His most recent Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) first class medical certificate was issued April 14, 2005. The captain reported 2,000 total hours of flight experience, 173 hours of which were in make and model.

IH8MESA said:
This incident reports the Captain of an E170 as having 2000 hours total time?????

Scheduled 14 CFR Part 121: Air Carrier operation of Shuttle America (D.B.A. United Express)
Injuries: 1 Serious, 44 Uninjured. ..............The captain held an airline transport pilot certificate with a rating for airplane multi-engine land. His most recent Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) first class medical certificate was issued April 14, 2005. The captain reported 2,000 total hours of flight experience, 173 hours of which were in make and model.

I don't understand that??

Jealous? Is he/she qualified or did his daddy get him the job? I'll bet he was a better pilot than the toad in the right seat with 5,300 hours.

IH8MESA said:

I don't understand that??
What difference does it make? It doesn't appear that the crew did anything wrong here. Jackass.

2000 hour captains on 70 seat aircraft......that's sad. That many paying passengers deserve better.

Flame away, boyz, but I'll bet most of you that do so are fairly low time and not left seaters :)

BeCareful! said:
2000 hour captains on 70 seat aircraft......that's sad. That many paying passengers deserve better.

Flame away, boyz, but I'll bet most of you that do so are fairly low time and not left seaters :)

Care to pull all of the accident reports of accidents involving 5000 hr.+ pilots ???

Hey BeCareful! Tell me how this situation would have been different with a CPT of your experience at the helm. Would you have ignored the RA and spared the FA?
I bet you would have acted in the same manner and would have applauded your own reaction to the situation.
Get A Life.

MATHEWS said:
Hey BeCareful! Tell me how this situation would have been different with a CPT of your experience at the helm. Would you have ignored the RA and spared the FA?
I bet you would have acted in the same manner and would have applauded your own reaction to the situation.
Get A Life.

She's just pissed she's still flying an rj with 9,000 TT, giving hummers to the male FAs.

I wasn't trying to talk at all about what the incident was, just suprised as hell that they are putting 2000 hour pilots into the left seat of jets these days.

Latest resources

Back