200 knots below Class B

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

beytzim

Just wondering if anyone has heard of anybody getting busted for exceeding 200 below Class B. There are some interesting areas to ponder, like the Awson Arrival at PDK. At 8000', you are below Class B!

200 knot restriction? Is that something you even have to worry about in the Falcon? I guess maybe if you push the nose down far enough. :p

juuuuuust kidding FalconCapt!

sure it aint no rocket but.....

In my short time flying one, the Autothrottles have no problem bumpin it up to 350kts at 8000' if one so desired!!!!...

NOW.....max weight climb out with eng/wing/brake deice on.......now were talking about a pig....but I guess its all relative...!!

Admittingly underpowered compared to a Global or GV......but a pretty nice ride nontheless. - and hell, it pays the bills.....

bigD said:
200 knot restriction? Is that something you even have to worry about in the Falcon? I guess maybe if you push the nose down far enough. :p

juuuuuust kidding FalconCapt!

Hey! 3 times, count 'em 3 times I have had to SLOW DOWN because a Citation X was in front of me... They may have a high Mmo, but their Vmo sucks.... I think it is 320 or 340.... Slooooowwwww!

Besides... Lets see a copy of your Citation X Type Rating! ;)

Falcon Capt said:
Hey! 3 times, count 'em 3 times I have had to SLOW DOWN because a Citation X was in front of me... They may have a high Mmo, but their Vmo sucks.... I think it is 320 or 340.... Slooooowwwww!

Besides... Lets see a copy of your Citation X Type Rating! ;)

Hey Hey Hey!!!!!!!! :D

I resemble that remark.

Vmo is 350 in the X vs. 370 in th DA2000. Maybe the ones you were following had an engine shut down? :cool: Try following a CJ into TEB at 200kts from PXT. And he wanted to slow more for turbulence.

But, can the Falcon climb 3000fpm at FL350 at .80?

NJA Capt said:
Hey Hey Hey!!!!!!!! I resemble that remark.

Vmo is 350 in the X vs. 370 in th DA2000. Maybe the ones you were following had an engine shut down? :cool:

Actually CE-750 Vmo is:

350kts. from 8,000 ft - 30,650 ft.
270kts. below 8,000 ft.

You've got to watch out for the 270 kt. limit. It's caught us a few times on decent through 8K. Cessna stated the aircraft can actually do much better, but they incorporated this speed in as safety margin for windshield strike protection ... supposedly.

Latest resources

Back