• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

20 year career earnings...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is not shown in this type of stat is how many hours were flown to achieve this total income. If you're working 20% more hours to be equal with others, you're not equal with others.

What's also not shown is how many days of month are off, free and clear from work or being on the hook. NOW tell us what's not equal. I don't care how many hours I fly as long as I'm legal and not fatigued. How long is my work day and how much time do I spend at home - that's my only QOL concern. You can have your 200 hours per year. I'll take my 19 days off per month.

shootr

Wow...you really think you will get our money...and keep your upgrade time? That's bold thinking. Particularly for a Merger Committee member!

He's not a merger committee member.

Yep, I'm sure.

I would be curious how they derived the upgrade timeframe. If they just took the current junior captain and assumed that's how long it would take a guy begin hired today to make Captain (which is the simplest most common way) that woud put a huge skew on the numbers. For example, I doubt that people getting hired today at Jetblue will only be 4 years away from upgrade (airlinepilotpay list 2006 as junior Captain) given the companies reduceded growth rate...just as given the upcoming retirement numbers, it is unlikely that a new hire at Delta will take 13-14 years (junor captain - 1999) to upgrade.

What is not shown in this type of stat is how many hours were flown to achieve this total income. If you're working 20% more hours to be equal with others, you're not equal with others.

Spot on. Put average line values and average days off up against those average pay numbers...

I suspect SWA would destroy in total metrics, but DAL would likely look much better than with that basic number.

Latest resources

Back