• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

20 year 747 FO makes $86/hr is latest at Kalitta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"...and who instrument ratings and pilot licenses never expire would expect to get incompentent and dangerous pilots flying for scum bag employers like Connie Kalitta.?

What do you think happens every 6 moths in training??

MVSW said:
"I've met a few European ATPs who don't know why their HSIs precess when they're flying through ice clouds."

WHAT??? I would like to know the answer to this one?? LOL

They fly into an "ice cloud" and reach up to turn on the anti ice, but inadvertantly turn off the ac and dc generators. The aircraft goes to essential power and the AHARS revert to basic mode which makes the HSI act like a DG.

DUH!!! This is basic Private Pilot oral stuff.

DC-8_FR8 said:
They fly into an "ice cloud" and reach up to turn on the anti ice, but inadvertantly turn off the ac and dc generators. The aircraft goes to essential power and the AHARS revert to basic mode which makes the HSI act like a DG.

DUH!!! This is basic Private Pilot oral stuff.

Yeah ... come to think of it, I had that one on my PPL oral. I aced it, of course, cuz I'm a veritable well-spring of aviation knowledge.

Now if someone would just explain this hi pressure = less density/low pressure = more density thing, then I'd be set.

Minhberg the Kikemeister

To be a 20 year FO at Kalitta, you would have to be a PFE upgrading to the right seat or an FO who has chosen not to bid Captain, failed to make it through Captain school, or otherwise designated as non-upgradable (unable to obtain 1st class medical, for example).

The next captain class has 12-18 month since hire date FOs. The company is growing, debt-free, and solid. The systems ground school is outstanding.

I'm still new, having just completed FO OE, but the pilots I've flown with are pros and as good or better as you're going to find anywhere. The job can be demanding, with long days and such, but from what I've seen, I'm happy to be here. I'm no Pollyanna, either.

One last point. I'm more of a leather jacket, no hat type, and that mentality seems to fit in very well. I won't be driving a Ferrari, but I'll make a pretty good living. I've learned over a long career that nothing is certain in the long run, and it's always good to be working somewhere.

Vicious slam on Ferraris out of left field! What do you have against Ferraris?

I used a bad example in my previous post. Also, my comments are made from experience flying light piston twins and turboprops, so I admit to making a jacka$$ of myself. The thing with the HSI isn't bogus, however.

If you can't dissipate static electricity properly, you screw up your flux detectors. Since we rarely had good static wicks, this used to happen to us quite a bit. You'd watch St. Elmo's fire build up, when it'd dissipate, your HSI would indicate a 10-20 degree change in heading. "Ice clouds" refers to flying through snow, ice crystals, whatever.

Xfr8dog said:
Vicious slam on Ferraris out of left field! What do you have against Ferraris?

Magnum P.I.

Now if Rick was driving them, it'd be different.

Latest resources

Back