2 weeks notice, why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As they say, "Character Counts."

Give them the 2 week notice. and if they let you go when you give them the notice, so what you then will have 2 weeks off to spend with family and friends or what ever.
Indoc will be 2 weeks straight, your type rating can be up to 3weeks straight. So give your notice and enjoy the time off if you get it.

True story:

I interviewed for this job and the employer called me back and asked me when I could start. I told them that I had some obligations that I needed to tie up at my current job so I was not able to start for two weeks. I was told later that this call was actually a test of my character to see if I would not screw over my current employer. If I told them I was available right away (knowing I had a current job) they would not have offered me the job.

It turned out they hired me and it was the best move I have ever made.

It is nice to know that there are still decent operators out there. However, I'll bet that it is more often that applicants are denied jobs when they can't show up to ground school next Monday.

There is one thing that has not been said here:

The two-week period is evidence there was not a "sudden resignation" to avoid being terminated.

A sudden resignation is a red flag that could very well cause background investigators to dig deeper.

Unless you are looking for 2 months off, I would email Derinda and tell her you are available for the next possible class even on super short notice. 5 years+ ago I was in a similar position and I was able to start class 2 months earlier than originally scheduled....ended up making a big difference in upgrade time!!!

Good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back