• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2 Jets at LAX Were 82 FT Apart

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't the take off on the outer most runways at LAX, and land on the innermost thus eliminating the need to cross in active runway after landing?
You have to cross runways either way. Crossing planes to get to the outboard runway would decrease the departure rate.

How could two Midwest professionals allow this to happen, I mean, the combined experience level between the two..........oh wait a minute......sorry it was a rent-a-crew.

How could two Midwest professionals allow this to happen, I mean, the combined experience level between the two..........oh wait a minute......sorry it was a rent-a-crew.

Last I checked RAH owned that route, plane, and crew.

So what's these guys' excuses?

On July 11, 2007, at 1437 Eastern daylight time a runway incursion occurred at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport, (FLL), Fort Lauderdale, Florida between United (UAL) flight 1544, an A-320 and Delta Airlines (DAL) flight 1489, a Boeing 757. The incident occurred in day visual flight rules conditions, visibility 10 miles, scattered clouds at 4,800 feet.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this incident as follows:

The probable cause of this incident was the United flightcrews' inadvertant entry onto an active runway.

Baronman

Civ/Mil: Civ
A/C Flown: Kite, Katana
Ratings: Recreational Pilot

Uh-huh. Real expert here. :rolleyes:

Why don't they takeoff on 7/25 and land on 6/24 or visa versa. They would still have 2 rwy's each for departures and arrivals, but wouldn't have to cross an active as much

Latest resources

Back