• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whine Lover said:
"..my first airliner."

Airliner?

So, would that make a V.W. a Porsche?

YKW

Hey....I flew it for an AIRLINE so that would make it an AIRLINER. :)

Whine Lover said:
"..my first airliner."

Airliner?

So, would that make a V.W. a Porsche?

YKW

Have you ever looked under the hood of Porsche 914?

capt. megadeth said:
AAhhhhhh, my first airliner.

. I remember thinking "WOW, I don't know if I could ever fly THAT" .

MZ-

All i remember is you barking up a storm when you had to taxi one from the South Ramp to the gate. Flying? I doubt that was ever the case after you took the black marker out and added another stripe to your shirt...;P

mystere said:
MZ-

All i remember is you barking up a storm when you had to taxi one from the South Ramp to the gate. Flying? I doubt that was ever the case after you took the black marker out and added another stripe to your shirt...;P

I remember her screaming that she didn't want to take an airplane to LEX with the autopilot deferred. In the end she had to......twice.

Sorry Mon, it wasn't personal. Just all the a/c swaps and extensions were:)

Ah, the Good Ole days!

RC......In the southside accent ....THE RAAAAMMMPPPEEEEEERRRSS!!!!

xjlifer said:
It certainly has changed...we had people walk out of interviews when told they would not be "guaranteed" a seat on the RJ. Kids that said "I deserve the jet cause I have 1000 hours with 150 multi" Maybe if every one had to get furloughed and watch their company go under ...be out of aviation for a few years ..work at a job they hate...start over at the bottom....o say three times...then some attitudes would be a tad different.

I totally agree.....some of these guys need to see what a hard life is like....they really have NO CLUE what a tough life is!

I'm beginning to wonder if they show up at their interviews with backpacks slung over their shoulders,about a gallon of gel in their hair and listening to their IPods while waiting to get called in to talk with HR? It seems that's the new standard once they reach the line, if what you see out at the airport nowadays is any indication.

PHXFLYR:cool:

pilotyip said:
The old rule of years ending 3 are bad years to find jobs, years ending in 8 are great years to find jobs. 60's, 70's, 80's, and the 90's, now the 00's. Hiring boom is starting next year leading up to 2008, get those ratings now and be on the top of the hiring curve.

You sound like those cheesie flight school adds in Flying magazine....

PHXFLYR:cool:

jbDC9 said:
Yep, the good (?) old days... glad to see someone else here remembers the same stuff. The early '90s; back when you could barely get a 135 check hauling job with 2000 hrs; when it took 4-5000 hrs to get a BE-1900/J-31/E-110 FO job; when the E-120, SF-340, Dash 8 and ATR-42 were "heavy iron", not looked down upon as turboprop trash by a 900 hr TT kid in the right seat of an RJ... and an RJ? What's that? Going from C-172 CFI to right seat at a "commuter"? Nope, that didn't happen.

I know it's a whole new world now, the industry has changed completely... but it's kinda funny (or sad, actually) to hear some of the kids on here whining about how bad things are; they really have no idea...

Yup, that's how I remember it! I couldn't even get an instructing job in the early 90's! Then, when you finally got one, you weren't allowed to get any precious multi instruction unless you've been there for a while. I remember how lucky it was for those guys flying the be 1900's around for trans world express. All you lucky little riddle brats need to shut it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back