1990's - "The Good 'Ol Days"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huck,
TransSouth BHM, That brings back memories!! HM took a chance on a 1300hr guy, lucky me, the day I started(11/91) two different guys from Eastern walked in looking for work. Nine months later on to ASA, 4.5 years to the left seat of the Brasilia, then a couple years reserve/standups. Off to greener pastures, to be furloughed 3.5 yrs later.
Great Job but a Sorry Career!!!!!!

Some of us still work before we go on to the regionals. Don't judge everyone at the regionals by the frosted hair 21 yr old running around. You guys sound just like the old guys, YOU SAID you would NEVER sound like.

The thread should read: "The 1960's, 1970's, 1980's 1990's - The good ol' days."

The old rule of years ending 3 are bad years to find jobs, years ending in 8 are great years to find jobs. 60's, 70's, 80's, and the 90's, now the 00's. Hiring boom is starting next year leading up to 2008, get those ratings now and be on the top of the hiring curve.

Gee nice of Kit Darby to stop by.

That's not Kit, it's one of Kit's disciples.

On topic, I remember in 1996 (less than 10 years ago) when we used to make fun of the Saab pilots. Called them, "Glass Asses" because they had an autopilot, hot coffee, an F/A. Their shirts were always crisp and white (much less sweat and oil stains).

We would beg for a few bags of pretzels when we parked next to them.

10 legs a day... Johnstown, Pittsburgh, Altoona, Pittsburgh, Johnstown, Pittsburgh, Johnstown, Pittsburgh, Altoona, Pittsburgh, Johnstown.

No autopilot. (Today's Riddle, Comair Academy, etc. kids would never make it)

Exterior: [FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva] http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0061678/M/[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Interior: http://www.airbroker.se/images/propjet/j31int.jpg

Cockpit: [FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0850319/M/[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
Kit speaks the truth, you have to believe. Your only salvation for your lost pilot career is to listen to the truth. Kit speaks the truth, well most of the time. Sometimes things change like pensions, pay, hiring and working conditions.

pilotyip said:
Sometimes things change like pensions, pay, hiring and working conditions.

Change? I guess the dropping of an atomic bomb will "change" a city, too.

"..flown by snot-nose Embry Riddle PFT crybabies who have never hand flown an ILS to mins in heavy rain, on analog gages, with PAX in the back."

Sir,

I must retort. Yes, I was a "snot-nosed Embry-Riddle type" at one point.

However, I never paid for any training, and I have flown more approaches, by hand, raw data on analog gauges, in larger airplanes, with more "PAX" in the back than you ever have... or will.

Why?

Because you have a bad attitude Son, and it will show through everytime you interview.

Don't generalize about groups of people. It only makes you look bad, not them.

You'll grow up someday.

Til' then...Good Luck.

YKW

Last edited by a moderator:
HalinTexas said:
AAhhhhhh, my first airliner.

:) Those were fun times. When I was in J31 new hire raining, there was a Chautaqua class there to fly the Saab. I remember thinking "WOW, I don't know if I could ever fly THAT" I just thought the Saab was the best. I ended up flying it for 4 years. It was my first type. It's still the one that puts a little tear in the eye.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back