• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1900 gear collapse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The crazy russian is right! (for once) this thread was meant to talk about the gear collapse and how the two pilots did a dam good job at keeping everyone alive! Congrats to the two men who did an great job! Both of which are real airline pilots. I have had my medical pulled for 4 years and 2months! I wish some of you on this board would put forth the effrot to bitch about how shatty the FAA is in recards to doing thier job and quit compling about fellow pilots. I love the industry and cant wait to return the the sky!! I come on here and read about people complanning cause of stupid shat, making fun of others, and ask myself why i would ever return to an industry like this. but then again i have met people like the crew that was flying that plane and realize only 5% of the pilot group is here bitching about flying and their job and how life sucks, aviation sucks, we dont get paid, your airline hires dorks, your airline has fat FA's! Bla Bla Bla Bla!!!!!!!!! I will not work for free and dont expect anyone else to but i would kill just to fly a 4 seater right now so look at the bright side your not in my position!!!

Those who have tasted flight
Walk the earth with thier eyes turned to the sky
For it is there they have been
And there they long to return!!

Russian Someday Soon I will be your right seat guy!!!

Do people pay, to perform the duties of FO, for an air carrier, that carries paying passengers?

Yes. But it depends on how you look at it. You obviously look at it negatively. I look at it as a positive learning experience for the person and their career. The GAA students are no different than your 1200 hour CFI in the respect that they are on the same level as each other once on the line. I agree that the CFI generally has more confidence and skill, however I have met 1500 hour CFII-MEI pilots with turbine experience that couldn't fly for shat at GIA and got canned. While 300 hour wonder boys have really impressed me. You know what? Nevermind. Because you are just gonna whine lke the rest of them. You will not learn from me, who has direct experience on both sides of the fence, nor will you understand me. You are ignorant. Continue whining.

Next....

The crazy russian is right! (for once) this thread was meant to talk about the gear collapse and how the two pilots did a dam good job at keeping everyone alive! Congrats to the two men who did an great job! Both of which are real airline pilots. I have had my medical pulled for 4 years and 2months! I wish some of you on this board would put forth the effrot to bitch about how shatty the FAA is in recards to doing thier job and quit compling about fellow pilots. I love the industry and cant wait to return the the sky!! I come on here and read about people complanning cause of stupid shat, making fun of others, and ask myself why i would ever return to an industry like this. but then again i have met people like the crew that was flying that plane and realize only 5% of the pilot group is here bitching about flying and their job and how life sucks, aviation sucks, we dont get paid, your airline hires dorks, your airline has fat FA's! Bla Bla Bla Bla!!!!!!!!! I will not work for free and dont expect anyone else to but i would kill just to fly a 4 seater right now so look at the bright side your not in my position!!!

Those who have tasted flight
Walk the earth with thier eyes turned to the sky
For it is there they have been
And there they long to return!!

Russian Someday Soon I will be your right seat guy!!!

Hey man,

I can't wait to fly with you. What I really can't wait for is for you to become a Captain at GIA. You have had it harder than anyone else I have known. And you continue to stick with it.

To the rest of you....

No one on this board can complain vs s3jetman. Too bad we don't know what it is like to be in his shoes. Because if we did, we would kneel and humble instantly.

You all sicken me.

I didn't see a link and I don't know anything other than the gear of a 1900 collapsed. What did the pilots do that "saved lives?" I think The_Russian said this. I didn't think a collapsed gear was all that big of a deal but then again I don't know exactly what happened.

I didn't see a link and I don't know anything other than the gear of a 1900 collapsed. What did the pilots do that "saved lives?" I think The_Russian said this. I didn't think a collapsed gear was all that big of a deal but then again I don't know exactly what happened.

The drag brace lower bolt sheared during retraction. This left the gear dangling below the aircraft freely. Most likely the airflow pushed the main tires behind the trailing edge of the wing. The crew knew they had a problem coming in to FLL from Fresh Creek (Andros). They did the fly-bys and stuff and burned fuel down. They decided to land with the gear extended and did a great job teetering it onto the runway. No one ended up dead in the ditch.

Only on Flightinfo can RJ pilots get the key to the city for blowing tires and 1900 GIA guys get shat on for landing without a leg.

Ss3jetman, The Russian, and I are all going to get our girls together and get smashed and have a massive 6 way, .... suck it

Groundpounder said:
No sir, you are the beey-yatch. I would not call someone who bought a job a legitimate airline pilot. I would call them the reason why pay rates are so low in this industry. I would call them the reason why PFT exisits today. If no one would pay for their jobs, then Gulfstream and CAT would have to hire them like normal airlines. Every person that PFT's takes away a legimate job from someone who can't just shell out $30k of mommy and daddys cash.

This all started back in the early 90's when all the eagle commuter pilots had to pft to fly death darts and brazila. So dont plane these youngs guys for it. It all started way before you guys were in high school. NO, i do not work there and never did pft.

Vref+Factor said:
Ss3jetman, The Russian, and I are all going to get our girls together and get smashed and have a massive 6 way, .... suck it

I am sure you will have to pay for that 6 way too.

Latest resources

Back