1900 gear collapse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The_Russian said:
The drag brace lower bolt sheared during retraction. This left the gear dangling below the aircraft freely. Most likely the airflow pushed the main tires behind the trailing edge of the wing. The crew knew they had a problem coming in to FLL from Fresh Creek (Andros). They did the fly-bys and stuff and burned fuel down. They decided to land with the gear extended and did a great job teetering it onto the runway. No one ended up dead in the ditch.

Only on Flightinfo can RJ pilots get the key to the city for blowing tires and 1900 GIA guys get shat on for landing without a leg.

Stoopid PFT'er should pay a little extra for all that wasted fuel. :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

:pimp:

moderator reviewed

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunally all the good people who had strong valid arguments of why PFT is a bad thing and how it effects the industry are no longer on this board...

All we get is broken records like JohnE

Unfortunally all the good people who had strong valid arguments of why PFT is a bad thing and how it effects the industry are no longer on this board...

All we get is broken records like JohnE

All of you are broken records. I am so tired of your whining and finger pointing. Just like little kids. Get over it. The only content on this thread should be about the incident and how these guys did a great job. Too bad you guys cant see past a stupid training program or the respect to give congrats to fellow pilots.

The_Russian said:
All of you are broken records. I am so tired of your whining and finger pointing. Just like little kids. Get over it. The only content on this thread should be about the incident and how these guys did a great job. Too bad you guys cant see past a stupid training program or the respect to give congrats to fellow pilots.

A ha! So you admit its stupid. :D

The_Russian said:
Nothing intelligent to say, huh?

Kinda hypocritical of ya, aint it? You say that PFTing at GIA is a good learning experience. I don't think thats really an intelligent statement ;)

The_Russian said:
If you were getting some pus$y you might not be so stupid and hateful. I ate my share this morning

I was under the impression that The Russian was of the fairer sex. If so.....that's hot.

Latest resources

Back