• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

17 hour day at Netjets the norm?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Just tracked a NetJets Hawker flight, the times below are local for each field, looks like a 17 hour day if it was the same crew, is this a normal day at NetJets? If it is not, how long is an average day?[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Airline[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Executive Jet Aviation[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Flight Number[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]879[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Departure City (Airport)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Los Angeles, CA (VNY)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Departure Time[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]10/23/2005 06:38 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Arrival City (Airport)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Indianapolis, IN (IND)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Arrival Time[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]10/24/2005 12:30 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Remaining Flight Time[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]0000[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Aircraft Type[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]BAe HS 125 Series 700/800[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Current Altitude[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]3,100 feet[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Current Groundspeed[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]262 mph[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Flight Status[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]In Flight[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Airline[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Executive Jet Aviation[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Flight Number[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]879[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Departure City (Airport)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]San Jose, CA (SJC)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Departure Time[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]10/23/2005 03:57 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Arrival City (Airport)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Los Angeles, CA (VNY)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Arrival Time[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]10/23/2005 04:48 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Remaining Flight Time[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]0000[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Aircraft Type[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]BAe HS 125 Series 700/800[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Current Altitude[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]0 feet[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Current Groundspeed[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]0 mph[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Flight Status[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Arrived[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Departure City (Airport)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Portland, OR (PDX)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Departure Time[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]10/23/2005 01:11 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Arrival City (Airport)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]San Jose, CA (SJC)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Arrival Time[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]10/23/2005 02:41 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Current Altitude[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]0 feet[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Current Groundspeed[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]0 mph[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Flight Status[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Arrived[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Departure City (Airport)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Charlottesville, VA (CHO)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]D[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]eparture Time[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]10/23/2005 09:36 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Arrival City (Airport)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Portland, OR (PDX)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Arrival Time[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]10/23/2005 11:44 AM[/FONT]

Last edited:
Damn, those airplanes work hard...

Now, did you track the crews that flew those flights or just the airplanes?

-Fate :)

I don't know first hand, but I would venture to say that there is NO WAY that it was the same crew. They likely swapped out crews in SJC or LAX.

Besides, even if the contract and regs allowed it, I haven't met anyone here yet (Go Teamer or not) that would ever agree to a day like that. But what do I know . . . I'm just a FNG.

Regards,
Flywest

Contractual limit is 14 hours, both currently and in the new TA. Going over 14 takes approval of a chief pilot/assistant chief as well as crew concurrence. While 12-14 hours is not uncommon, going over 14 is almost always only something done in conjunction with either movement home (at the crewmember's discretion to rack up OT) or when dealing, on the ground, with other duties, such as transportation or possibly the good ol' filing of Jepps.

I would be very surprised if that Hawker was crewed for all 17 hours by the same two pilots.

whoah man 14hrs is the limit. No matter what you're doing. Ground trans, jepps or anything. That's it.

13.30 when flying a plane because 30 minutes needed for shutdown.

I don't care if i'm airlining and it looks like i'm going to bump my 14 on the 2 leg airling. Shut me down right there at the stop point and get me a hotel.

Trust me that crew was swaped out. Feel bad for the plane though.

RedEye1 said:
FatesPawn, if you'll reread my post this is what I stated

That's the question, was it the same crew?

Hey Red Eye,

In your Avatar Pic......That would'nt happen to be one of those cute young things from the Dominican Republic....just curious, because I love vacationing down there, all my single guys who have been there and done that should knowwhat I mean.................SOSUA BEACH HEEERE I CUM!

You asked if 17 hours was the norm?

Answer: NO

The only way that the company can EVER schdule a crew for over 14 hours of duty is with the crew's permission. It's in the contract. I NEVER volunteer to go over 14.

Latest resources

Back