• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

135 Pft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am always amazed at the links low time guys will go to, to get a job flying. It is like they can't wait until the industry gets better and a company will pay for thier training. I, like the above posters have had many chances to PFT, but I never sold out. I worked my way up the ladder flying traffic and every other thing I could that paid me money and built my time. I even stopped flying for 2 years in the early 90's cause I wouldn't PFT, well it didn't take to long and companies were paying for my training and paying me for what I was worth.
I see the PFT thing as selling your soul to the devil, I mean it almost seems the same as a crack addict, you know, selling off everything they have and paying whatever the cost just so they can get the job. I will never understand why people will do this. I mean I can't think of any other industry that requires this of people.

To all that PFT, please have more respect for yourself than to pay some company to hire you. I mean have you figured out yet that the reason that all the companies out there doing this are doing this because of people like you? If all of you out there that PFT told them to kiss your A$$, then they would be forced to pay you!! AS long as there are people like you, then companies will get away with this ridiculous practice. Have more dignity for yourself, DONT PFT!!!!

SD A guy who never sold out!

13-
Have a little respect for yourself- in reality you are doing nothing less than "buying" yourself a job by "paying" for it and telling others (employers) that pilots should be willing to pay for the training no matter what. TT means nothing and YES many others have been in your position and had the same choice as you but opted not to get slapped in the face since they had "respect" for themselves....

come on-

3 5 0

350-

You should make up your mind. For Part 135, this guy shouldn't PFT, but ab initio PFT is ok for 121 pilots?

p.b-

I think you are trying to compare apples to oranges. I feel in no way, shape, or form that the Mesa program is anything close to "buying" a job or "PFT". This program is nothing more than taking a student pilot through ALL of his training to get the required certificates and ratings. If you think the Mesa program is PFT then I guess we all (including you and I ) are guilty of this since we had to get our training, certificates, and ratings somewhere to be employable.

am I wrong?
3 5 0

350-

In your post you claim that TT shouldn't affect a pilot's decision to pay for training. Pilot's who pay for a right seat job on a CRJ are making just that decision, they are paying to avoid a relatively undesirable period in their career (ie. the time and experience which comes from being a CFI and flying single pilot in a twin P135). jstyle13 is trying to do that exact thing by finding a way out of his C172.

For the record, I do not think jstyle13 should pay for a job flying right seat in a Lear. I also think there is a lot to be learned from making decisions in the aircraft as the PIC.
You are right that everyone pays for their training, but there is a difference between going to Gulfstream to fly the CRJ with 300 hours and earning your ratings and finding your own experiences. Each of us has to decide what is right for our own situation.

p.b. said:

You are right that everyone pays for their training, but there is a difference between going to Gulfstream to fly the CRJ with 300 hours and earning your ratings and finding your own experiences.

Yeah, there IS a difference. Gulfstream is PFT! MPD isn't. It's pay for ratings. No job guarantee at the end, no PFT, no foul.

For the record, Gulfstream doesn't even fly shiny jets like the CRJ; they fly the 1900 (I loved flying the Beech, by the way) And don't lump all of Gulfstream together. The captains that babysit the PFT FO's are usually guys who interviewed and were hired b/c of their skill as pilots, not the size of their wallet.

jstyle13 said:
Appreciate the input. I've decided I am going to do it ( I had pretty much already decided before I made the post).

As for you, jstyle: If you'd already decided you were going to do it, why'd you even post? It's not like ANYONE supported your decision. Of course, what did you expect? :)

I wish you the best of luck in your new PFT Lear job.

-Boo!

BE CAUTIOUS and do your homework before you write the check. A company with lears today that it turning over pilots most likely has a serious problem.

Find one of there X-pilots and find out why they left. You may find out about lack of maintenance, employee abuse or regulation violations. They may also lay off pilots due to flying shortages every 6 months. Its easy do do when they did not spend any money on you. Ask around the local airport.

If you are gonna do it, make sure the training is in a full motion sim, and you get your type. Otherwise Insurance companys will not recognise your experience or your training. This has only gotten worse since 9/11, dont let the sexy lear get you ripped of, and then mabe killed. Do some homework on the Payne Stewart accident and you will see what kind of mess a low time poorly trained crew can get you in to.

Best of luck!

good luck

Let's see, spend some money and have a salary. Don't spend money and make no money. People who throw stones usually just don't have the money and are crying foul. I don't like it but I understand it.

What is the difference between pay for training to get a lear job and paying for an MEI to be able to instruct in a twin at your flight school in order to get a better job down the road? There is none. It is an investment in your future...not to mention a risk.

The industry sucks right now and anyway to get a job is a good one. If he pays and the company screws him over then he is out of a lot of money. So the risk/reward is a decision he is making. Who are you to tell him he can't or shouldn't do it?

A lot of preachers here with type ratings worried about the other guy taking their rightful spot. Just worry about yourself and it will probably work out for you down the road.

THE DIFFERENCE??

Have you even read the previous post? The difference is the MEI he would pay for will be with him forever, the single company Lear training will not, meaning, if he goes to a different lear operator then he will have to go through their training program, and they could care less if he has been through a previous companies program. Now if he is getting typed that is a little different, but still.

So what is he going to do? Keep paying for training that is specified for that one company? Give me a break. You have no idea do you? Paying for your private and comm and inst and multi are basic requirments that you must meet to be able to work in the first place, so you are saying you understand paying for additional training that is company specific after you are qualified to work for your time and be paid accordingly?? Dude I don't know where you came from, but get your SH1TT straight before you jump in this discussion!!! You have the majority against you!!

So go spend some money and contribute to the downfall of this industry, or just go away!

SD NEVER PAID FOR A DIME OF TRAINING!! I get paid for what I am worth or I don't waiste my time with them! You pay me, or you don't get me! If more people had the backbone and self-respect to follow the same example, our wages wouldn't be in the crapper and NOBODY would have to pay for anything. Dude, get educated before you post on a subject!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back