• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

135 Pft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry if I seemed pissed, but I have seen PFT screw this industry up twice in the last decade, this subject makes my blood BOIL.

I mean isn't the meaning and definition of a JOB for you to submit your time and skills for money or compensation? Never in the history of the word JOB did it say you must submit your compensation for the JOB, not until modern day aviation. GO FIGURE. Look at the history of aviation and see just when PFT hit the scene, then look at the industry before and after and you will see what I mean. Just do some research.

SD (NEVER SOLD OUT)

A lot of preachers here with type ratings worried about the other guy taking their rightful spot. Just worry about yourself and it will probably work out for you down the road.

Judging from your flight time, you were not in the business back in the late 80's and early 90's when we were going thru pretty much the same times job wise. I had all the opportunities in the world to go to the regionals (think we still called them commuters back then) the pft route. Never did it, just kept humping them boxes five nights a week because I wasn't going to pay for a company to hire me. I hung on an extra year or so and was offered my first corporate job without a type and six months later was typed and upgraded to captain. All them type ratings on the back of my ticket - I earned them all.

As for being worried about someone who buys their type to take someones rightful spot, they're not. Most of these outfits know that they're hiring lesser experienced people with equally low pay and the experienced pilots wouldn't consider the job because of the pay.

In the end we all got to make the decision that works best for us. I had the patience to wait it out and so far it's working pretty darn good. The next person may see it differently.

Buying your job cheapens the industry. Be forewarned. Defecate in your bed, and tomorrow you must lie in it. It's always the new guy that thinks he's special, that the rules don't apply, that he can do it to get ahead...the gotta-have-it-now generation. But wait a few years down the line when you're whining about how poor the pay is, how low the respect, the lack of security, and how you can't seem to get ahead because the employer will just take on someone who is willing to buy their job, rather than give you a raise.

All the touchy-feely garbage about good luck with your decision is wasted breath. Buying a job is a cancer to the industry.

Do you think that you are in a predicament that somehow none of the rest of us have ever felt? Not hardly. Why earn money for a new stereo when there is credit to buy it now? Why walk to the store when you can drive? Why train at the dojo that takes ten years to achieve your first belt, when you can have the black belt locally for two hundred dollars down and a hundred bucks a month...in two years? Why not skip paying your dues, earning your experience (which cannot be bought), and just buy the job? Why not, indeed?

You make your bed. You lie in it. But don't whine to anybody a year or two down the road when there is anything about the industry that you dont' like, because you just helped make it that way. You'll get no sympathy from me. I've quit employers rather than work for someone who will stoop to such filthy, pathetic depths, to aid in the cancer of the industry.

Buy your job, you piss in my cherios. Don't ever speak to me in the field. You won't like the response, and then I'll turn my back and walk away. Earn your wings, don't buy them.

It all hast to do with self respect.

You either have it, or you dont.

Avbug is right, if you PFT, you can not come back and complain about pay, bennies, or anything that is oriented toward the better of your conditions personally.

You have already told your employer from the get go, that it really doesnt matter to you, your flying, and thats all that mattered.

Jstyle, care to name the company? If the company's in the same town as your avatar, I think I declined a job offer from them. I was already current 135 in lears, so there was no mention of PFT. If that is indeed the same company, thank god I declined it (and i'm not even religious)!

PM it to me if you don't want to make it public.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back