• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

135 Job in Michigan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How good is the training up there? What are the high mins? Is IOE pretty standard like most companies?
Is maintenance good? I heard you guys don't have A&Ps? Just wondered bc I also heard about a gear up happening there. I am currently flying for a regional and thought SIC jet is more valuable than 135?? curious...

How good is the training up there? What are the high mins? Is IOE pretty standard like most companies?
Is maintenance good? I heard you guys don't have A&Ps? Just wondered bc I also heard about a gear up happening there. I am currently flying for a regional and thought SIC jet is more valuable than 135?? curious...

The training is adequate, with the assumption that you know how to fly coming in, no one is going to reteach you how to fly instruments. The mins were/are 1200TT 150ME. Mx is excellent and as far as not having any A&P's how could we possibly operate a mx department without them? Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about obviously. We have 1 A&P and 2 IA's. As far as going from a regional SIC to a 135 captain in N. Michigan, you better do some serious brushing up on the IFR skills. Other than that NCAI is a GREAT place to work. The owner's are the best people I have ever worked for. Not to mention the fact that I upgraded from a Baron Captain to a BE20 Captain in 6mos!

Is jake still flying out of there? I used to fly for Great Lakes Air at 83d and we would use north country when ever we got really busy? Always a good company to work with.

Is jake still flying out of there? I used to fly for Great Lakes Air at 83d and we would use north country when ever we got really busy? Always a good company to work with.

Jake left shortly before I hired on (last spring). Still do alot of work for Great Lakes. I always get a kick out of Paul!

An IA is an IA, but you do have to have an A&P for at least 3 years to get one. If you are talking certificates, they are two different things. One could lose their IA and still keep their A&P. If you are talking the person, yes an IA mechanic is also an A&P. Anyway, my impression of the point that Straightwing was trying to make....was that he heard the mechanics were mostly non-certificated, i.e. working under a repair station certificate. So if you guys have 10 guys on staff with only 1 certified mechanic, I could kind of see his concern. On the other hand, from what I know of a Repair Station Certificate, quality control is usually not a problem.

Becareful BG, I heard from a buddy in west palm the last guy they sent to the King Air lived in a camper all winter for less than poverty wages. poor kid..
Also Part 121 training is way more difficult and intense than 135, it would be no problem transitioning to flying piston...

Latest resources

Back