• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BushwickBill

Registered Abuser
Hey there.

I am trying to negotiate some time off into my schedule and would like some help finding the 13 days off per quarter rule.

I am pretty hard working and have really pulled through for the company so I feel comfortable asking for a better deal in terms of time off.

However it would be nice to have some legal backing for the issue. We haven't even come close to 13 days of per quarter over at least the last 2 quarters.

My understanding of the rule is that the days are not retroactive. IE they cant say oh well we didn't call yesterday so that was a day off.

Thanks for your help.

You're brave. Given how many pilots are looking for jobs, I would have waited for a different time to discuss the issue.

they cant assign you and you can't ACCEPT that duty.....you are liable for that. Better say something before someone rats you out.

If they give you crap about it then it aint worth working there.....

gret and brokeflyer are pretty much representing the two polar opposites of how you can look at this.

i requested time off in a calm rational manner. i didn't make any unrealistic demands and didn't ask for immediate action. I asked that I could have as many days off in a row as possible. so we will see what happens.

i am sitting on the fence and trying to take some positive action. although I am leaning more to the side of brokeflyer. i doubt the FAA will do anything positive to help the plight of pilots. I feel that I am however.

I feel like I am doing something positive to help aviation in general. I hope I am rewarded by doing a job I really enjoy and having a life outside of that job.

And brokeflyer I would love to work at Netjets or anyplace that had work rules HR or an employee manual. I dont. I hope that by trying to find a balance I will get skills that will take me there. without falling asleep behind the wheel after a ********************ty charter in ********************ty weather.

gret ******************** yeah im scared bro. tons of guys on the street. plus all the posers who will do it for free. lets just say im a student of history and i am aware of the moment i am in. i still have a backbone but i am very very concerned.

we'll see.

You may not have an HR department and defined work rules but FARs are FARs. You wouldn't bust minimums because the job market is tight, would you?

you can always find another job, gettin all your ratings back after the FAA takes them for violations?

a bit tougher.

what is your normal schedule anyway?......

You don't need to request time-off that is provided for by the regs!

But if your company is busting this rule, then they are also likely forging the duty-time reports, as your POI would easily catch the discrepancy.

Sounds pretty dirt-bag to me!

If you being forced to break the regs, don't do it.

However, it appears that you are trying to negotiate a "better deal" than what you already have, rather than getting your employer in compliance.

Latest resources

Back