13 days off per quarter?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Drinking beer

This is an old thread, but does USA Jet work that way? I was under the impression you guys were on call 24 hrs just like the rest of the on-demand world, even though regs specifically forbid it.
You are right the regs specifically forbid it. The regs say you can not drink beer within 8 hours of being placed in duty. To test is a day off meets the regs of being assigned in advance you have to apply the beer rule. You must have a 24 hour period assigned in advance, which means you drink beer for 16 hours, and you will be illegal to be on duty for 24 hours. That is the true test of a day off,

13 days off per quarter. Ok, basically 13 days off in 90. That's "about" 4 days off PER MONTH. Or ONE 24 hour period of being off ONE DAY A WEEK.

Is that about right?

And folks on here are say that some companies are NOT doing that.

I would think even dooshbag outfits can give folks 24 hrs DUTY OFF one day a week.

What am I missing?

135 schedule

13 days off per quarter. Ok, basically 13 days off in 90. That's "about" 4 days off PER MONTH. Or ONE 24 hour period of being off ONE DAY A WEEK.

Is that about right?

And folks on here are say that some companies are NOT doing that.

I would think even dooshbag outfits can give folks 24 hrs DUTY OFF one day a week.

What am I missing?
A lot of 135 go something like this; 10 days on 5 days off, two weeks on- one week off. So they are not getting a 1 in 7, but they are getting biggger periods off.

No intent

Wasn't talking about your training program. Stop hijacking the thread.
I am not sure what you are talking about. No hijack intended

Latest resources

Back