• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RP left SWA last year. Guy was/is a legend. Of course plenty of ****************************** nozzles who have been unable to manage their $$$ for 40 years are sticking around. But I digress...

2 years and less than 10 months.

I'm thinking that on December 14, 2012, we should have a party of sorts. Chicago? Wear a T-shirt that has your FI screen name on it? A New Year's style party, but different. I know a bar in Chi-town that has $20 per person all you can drink beer/rails if you bring 20 folks. For $35 per person EVERYTHING is included.
Thoughts?

I don't think I have the creativity to participate in this thread any longer. All I've got is cheap shots and sarcasm.

Gup

RP left SWA last year. Guy was/is a legend. Of course plenty of ****************************** nozzles who have been unable to manage their $$$ for 40 years are sticking around. But I digress...

2 years and less than 10 months.

Ole' RP...

...he says to me while I'm flying, "Boy I have a question for you. (he then points to my airspeed indicator) What is the name of that space between the white needle and the barber pole?" I said I did not know. He says, "Wasted airspeed."

Ole' RP...

...he says to me while I'm flying, "Boy I have a question for you. (he then points to my airspeed indicator) What is the name of that space between the white needle and the barber pole?" I said I did not know. He says, "Wasted airspeed."

Or RP's twin in HOU when I was jerking gear. About 8000 feet and 320 knots going into CRP I say "Hey most guys say 'airspeed' here don't they?"

His response? 320 knots to about 4k, flight idle, boards, gear, flaps 30, add power at about 100 agl, make one of the best landings I've ever seen, roll to the gate and say........... "I'm going to Whataburger what can I get you?!"

Never seen anything like it. It was magical and motivating yet frightful and exhilarating all in one. I didn't know whether to file an ASAP or give him a kick tail! :laugh:

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back