• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gotta love picture time......boats, cars, houses, airplanes, motorcycles. Although I've noticed more are switching from bringing pics to showing them on their iPhones, etc.

So true. Although I was not wailing about my impending furlough on my last month of flying, I did mention it occasionally. Some captains would reply "aww that stinks" and then immediately whip out their iPhones, show me pictures of their aircraft, yacht, and second homes. To add insult to injury, some of these guys were over 60.

So true. Although I was not wailing about my impending furlough on my last month of flying, I did mention it occasionally. Some captains would reply "aww that stinks" and then immediately whip out their iPhones, show me pictures of their aircraft, yacht, and second homes. To add insult to injury, some of these guys were over 60.

In a year or two, we'll get to hear how 65 is unfair and it needs to be changed to fit their needs.

:puke:

yeah I am stuck at a regional and on reserve for pretty much the last 5-6 years. But the RIGHT thing to do was to correct a law that was both wrong and unfair. I am an ALPA supporter but I do place the blame in them for fighting this in the first place, not correcting this years and years ago and wasting a lot of money in the process. Yes it sucks now but soon the retirements will start again and all you babies will be happy again.

I relate this to a guy who told me I should support the falsely bloated oil prices because our companies 401K at our company was highly invested in the companies who profited on the oil futures market. Guess what? I was for fixing that program as I am for fixing the manditory age 60 retirement rule which screwed everyone except those who have defined pensions! when the rules were changed for the oil futures market, oil prices dropped!

Latest resources

Back