• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

126 day left of Prater.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And he sat on the Nicolau decision while he formed all these comittees designed to twist west pilots' arms behind their backs. He let the Philly reps use alpa resources while they plotted and geared up their new 'union.'

I'm turning this into another countdown...

1 2 2

BTW: Vetrider was dead nuts on.. No West pilot will EVER forget what he DIDN'T do that SHOUD'VE done.. He was never a leader.

Paul Rice announced his candidacy for ALPA President a couple of weeks ago. He is, without question, the best candidate for the job. He has the knowledge, experience, and temperament to lead this union back to a position of strength. Please tell your reps to cast a vote for Paul in October.

I don't think I'll be doing what you suggest.

Paul Rice is the best announced candidate. I agree with flopgut, we'd be better served by SS from FedEx, JP from CAL or LM from DAL. My guess is that one or more of them will run, and there are some other qualified folks that could throw their name in the hat. I think I'd hold my powder dry on asking my reps where to cast their vote until we see who the best candidate really is. ;)

All Prater has done is get fatter (if thats possible) on the backs of the rank and file REAL pilots in ALPA. Can;t wait till this fat ****************************** comes back to the line. I bet his fat ass wont even be able to put on the O2 mask.

What's missing from John's mantra is any sort of remorse or regret for the furloughed. I started out at CAL and I know the guy. What makes John's BS particuliarly hard to listen to is how he characterizes his own career adversities. Lorenzo offered him a better deal than he has crafted for the furloughed with 65. He struck..... But only after he made absolutely sure that there would be ALPA strike pay available for himself. He wanted to be certain ALPA would assess the membership to keep himself afloat. He could not care less about what 65 has done to junior pilots.

Hey PCL: I know it's late in the game, but as a means of ruining his re-elect effort, can we start a recall? Or maybe a vote of no confidence? Just to send him a message.

Hey PCL: I know it's late in the game, but as a means of ruining his re-elect effort, can we start a recall? Or maybe a vote of no confidence? Just to send him a message.

I wouldn't suggest doing anything like this. Captain Prater may not be a great President, but he's not a bad guy, and he doesn't deserve to have his reputation smeared. I think he's done the best he can; he's just not well suited for the position, and I don't think he ever will be. We need someone with the proper background and skills. That person is Captain Rice.

So, instead of recalls or votes of no confidence, I suggest that you just call your reps at CAL and tell them to vote for Paul. We have an election process that works quite well. No reason to humiliate the incumbent, just vote him out. Simple.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back