• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

126 day left of Prater.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of Paul's time is spent in downtown DC, so I wouldn't expect him to have a place out by Herndon. Only Captain Couette spends most of his time in Herndon. The other National Officers are usually working at the downtown office. I'm not aware of there being any dividing distance in the compensation resolution that changes officer housing allowances, anyway.

Perhaps you should be more concerned with who is best qualified for the job rather than worrying about what someone's housing allowance is. The last guy who spent all of his time talking about taking less money and remaining flight current did neither of those things and ended up being the guy you despise and are trying to get rid of. Don't you think that experience and knowledge might be something we should value this time around? We tried the new guy who was the "outsider," and that didn't exactly turn out well. You know what they say about trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results....

Hate to pile on but I was visiting back home a couple of weeks ago where Prater just happens to be from. I noticed he wrote a letter to the newspaper praising a state law maker, Jay Hoffman, about something he had done (can't even remember what) but it was somehow related to the biz and Prater signed it as President of ALPA. That's all good and well but Hoffman was former IL guv and all around corrupt thug politician Rod Blagojevich's "right hand man". You will know them by the company they keep.

After he gets the boot, he should retire and hire on at usapa. That kind of stuff is welcomed there.

Most of Paul's time is spent in downtown DC, so I wouldn't expect him to have a place out by Herndon. Only Captain Couette spends most of his time in Herndon. The other National Officers are usually working at the downtown office. I'm not aware of there being any dividing distance in the compensation resolution that changes officer housing allowances, anyway.

Perhaps you should be more concerned with who is best qualified for the job rather than worrying about what someone's housing allowance is. The last guy who spent all of his time talking about taking less money and remaining flight current did neither of those things and ended up being the guy you despise and are trying to get rid of. Don't you think that experience and knowledge might be something we should value this time around? We tried the new guy who was the "outsider," and that didn't exactly turn out well. You know what they say about trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results....

I'm not going to not listen to guys like you. You might be right about Paul. Again, I didn't say I disliked him. Are you saying there isn't going to be another candidate? Or at least another that can beat John? If Paul is the guy then I guess I'm on board.

Are you saying there isn't going to be another candidate? Or at least another that can beat John? If Paul is the guy then I guess I'm on board.

Here's the way I see it shaping up:

John and Paul will start building support over the next couple of weeks. Moak (DAL) will put his feelers out at the Executive Board meeting next week to see if he has any support from other carriers. If so, he'll go to his MEC, and if he can get more than half to support him, then he'll probably throw his name in the hat. Those will probably be the top three candidates. I think the MEC Chair from FDX might run, but I don't think he has much support.

In a two-way race between Paul and John, I see Paul coming out ahead. If you throw Moak into the mix, it becomes murky as to how he would split votes, so that's a tougher call. I think Moak would be a big mistake, so I'm hoping he decides not to run. Having a Delta guy in the top spot sends the wrong message to pilots both within and outside ALPA, as it makes it look like the 12,000 pilot behemoth is in control of everything, even though that's not true under the ALPA structure. I think it would make organizing efforts very difficult, and it would turn many pilots at B-Carrier against the Association.

John and Paul will start building support over the next couple of weeks. Moak (DAL) will put his feelers out at the Executive Board meeting next week to see if he has any support from other carriers. If so, he'll go to his MEC, and if he can get more than half to support him, then he'll probably throw his name in the hat. Those will probably be the top three candidates. I think the MEC Chair from FDX might run, but I don't think he has much support.

In a two-way race between Paul and John, I see Paul coming out ahead. If you throw Moak into the mix, it becomes murky as to how he would split votes, so that's a tougher call. I think Moak would be a big mistake, so I'm hoping he decides not to run. Having a Delta guy in the top spot sends the wrong message to pilots both within and outside ALPA, as it makes it look like the 12,000 pilot behemoth is in control of everything, even though that's not true under the ALPA structure. I think it would make organizing efforts very difficult, and it would turn many pilots at B-Carrier against the Association.

Wow... Ok, I appreciate that. I think Moak has higher aspirations. Like CEO.

I think Moak would be a big mistake, so I'm hoping he decides not to run. Having a Delta guy in the top spot sends the wrong message to pilots both within and outside ALPA, as it makes it look like the 12,000 pilot behemoth is in control of everything, even though that's not true under the ALPA structure. I think it would make organizing efforts very difficult, and it would turn many pilots at B-Carrier against the Association.

Oh ok PCL.....you are back in the saddle with ALPA and got all the answers huh?

I am neutral on Moak, could care less if he's elected but one thing you forget, ALPA was started and has been maintained by Group A. Whether you like it or not.....You guys (AT)just came to the party, but we rented the room, set the table, made the cake, hired the band and cooked the food. The dance floor is open and you can bring your best moves.

Pretty soon the majority of dues income will come from TWO airlines. UAL and DAL. I have no qualms about the largest carrier big dog being in charge or the smallest for that matter.....but when the majority pays the bill, we should be able to exercise our leverage. Making ALPA out to be this everybody plays fair and everyone has a say is a Duane Worthless vision that you have hung your hat on, good luck with that.

Oh ok PCL.....you are back in the saddle with ALPA and got all the answers huh?

I am neutral on Moak, could care less if he's elected but one thing you forget, ALPA was started and has been maintained by Group A. Whether you like it or not.....You guys (AT)just came to the party, but we rented the room, set the table, made the cake, hired the band and cooked the food. The dance floor is open and you can bring your best moves.

Pretty soon the majority of dues income will come from TWO airlines. UAL and DAL. I have no qualms about the largest carrier big dog being in charge or the smallest for that matter.....but when the majority pays the bill, we should be able to exercise our leverage. Making ALPA out to be this everybody plays fair and everyone has a say is a Duane Worthless vision that you have hung your hat on, good luck with that.

Tyranny of the Majority?

Good riddance you do nothing blow hard! Taking back eh? He's done NOTHING for the rank and file airline pilot.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back