Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

125-seat Bombardier CS300 almost ready for first flight - more orders in US?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Obviously Bombardier has fumbled the ball big time with the CS100 and CS300 so late in their development. That said, the new CS300 (125 seat version) is "scheduled" to fly for the first time shortly and the 100-seat CS100 has accumulated more than 1,000 flight test hours. Again, late in the game.

Given that Republic will not be using their order for 40 CS300s due to scope violations, who do you think will scoop them up? UAL? DAL? Frontier is expanding so fast with new routes, maybe they could use the CS300 as was originally intended... Personally, I think the CS300 would fit in well between the 717 and the A320/737-800 at Delta.

Here's the CS300 update video from Bombardier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtYkx_Vi7lY

Even though fuel costs have gone down, I thought this efficiency/CASM comparison chart was interesting:

casm-chart.jpg

The C has the best engine available, the Pratt and Whitney Geared Turbo Fan (GTF). It is different from a standard jet engine, in that it has a "transmission", for much greater efficiency.

The "C" can be easily stretched to seat well over 150 people, and provide competition to Boeing/Airbus. I think the plane will do really well.

I think of it as a small version of the 787, but much more efficient.

I am sure they want this to go to a regional.....but will ALPA cave?

Picking up the Republic order for 40 would work because they are also early delivery positions. Of course Bombardier actually has to finish the testing first. Looks like a very capable airplane. I recall reading in an article that Richard Anderson at Delta was also impressed and that the maintenance folks were psyched about the geared engines - but Delta would need to see the CS300 operating before even considering an order...

The C has the best engine available, the Pratt and Whitney Geared Turbo Fan (GTF). It is different from a standard jet engine, in that it has a "transmission", for much greater efficiency.

Sounds like a ducted turboprop to me :D

Latest resources

Back