Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

125-seat Bombardier CS300 almost ready for first flight - more orders in US?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Picking up the Republic order for 40 would work because they are also early delivery positions. Of course Bombardier actually has to finish the testing first. Looks like a very capable airplane. I recall reading in an article that Richard Anderson at Delta was also impressed and that the maintenance folks were psyched about the geared engines - but Delta would need to see the CS300 operating before even considering an order...

Cool story.

Would be great if true - of course this assumes Bombardier actually gets the testing done... The specs on the CS300 relative to the E195 and even the A319 look impressive.

Here's an interesting article about the flight deck and how it was designed for pilots (description of the new FBW system is worth the read):

http://m.aviationweek.com/awin/bombardier-staff-help-design-cseries-flight-deck

Last edited:
The C-series is so far into mainline on every scope clause that it can't start at the small carriers and nibble away at scope clauses like Embrauer is trying to do with the E series. This means it has to go head to head with both Boeing and Airbus, and to win orders it needs to be demonstrably better. From what I've read, they've done it, but at great cost in $$ and delays. With 737 NG and A319 as competition, they look great. But the longer the delays, the closer we get to NEOs and MAXs, which will level the playing field.

I fear that Bombardier has misplayed this, and will have to rely on start-ups or other carriers not heavily vested in Boeing/Airbus. The product looks compelling, but can Bombardier afford to keep funding it until it is self-sufficient?

Latest resources

Back