• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1224 statement on picking up open time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DC-9er. You're not talking to a wall. I'm hearing what you have to say. First you said I was providing incorrect information about 1224 Local leaders picking up OPF while others are out on furlough. Then I provided you the proof and you backed off from that statement.
You claim there were union leaders picking up trips in March. That is simply not true. I didn't check anything outside of March until you pm'd me a trip in December, January, and April.

If you want to jump on your soapbox about those trips, then have at it.

You claim there were union leaders picking up trips in March. That is simply not true. I didn't check anything outside of March until you pm'd me a trip in December, January, and April.

If you want to jump on your soapbox about those trips, then have at it.
Apology accepted. By the way, there were some in March too. I won't be bothering to send more. The point has been made. BTW. I hope you were aware that we've had pilots out on furlough since Oct. 25th, 2008.

You see. There is a huge issue of trust here. There is $75,000,000 available for severance compensation. We are being represented by a small number of people who are negotiating with the company about how to distribute that money. The person/people negotiating on my behalf should be held to a higher standard. I am not accusing anybody of anything, but, the possibility for corruption does exist. That is a lot of money. The people in charge should be held to a higher standard. If they lack the integrity to forgo the OPF (other people's flying) then why should I think they have to integrity to negotiate a fair settlement?

Anyway. You seem like a person who knows the difference between right and wrong.

Last edited:
By the way, there were some in March too.
*sigh* No, there's not.

Anyone can look it up for themselves. Just go to the 1224 web site and look at the the leaders including the Committee Chairmen then check their lines.
That's obsolete. The website has not been updated since the new eboard took over

Laser, you've demonstrated repeatedly here and on other threads that you don't really know what's going on with the union. Like I told you in a p.m., post all you want. But when you're wrong, expect to be corrected. I won't even ask for an apology!

*sigh* No, there's not.

That's obsolete. The website has not been updated since the new eboard took over

Laser, you've demonstrated repeatedly here and on other threads that you don't really know what's going on with the union. Like I told you in a p.m., post all you want. But when you're wrong, expect to be corrected. I won't even ask for an apology!
Does it really matter? March, April, February. It's just as wrong in April as it is in March. That's why I see no need to send more data. I think it's you who have been corrected my friend. The situation is that union leaders are picking up OPF (other people's flying). Do you deny that fact? Do you denounce it as wrong? Don't worry about little things like if it happens in March or April. Look at the BIG picture.

As far as the info being obsolete, When I see UNBS (union business) and OPF (other people's flying) in the same month, that is a problem.

Last edited:
I would think you'd like to see UNBS. The more, the better for you. Because that means another pilot was needed to cover the trip
Sure. Every little bit helps. Let's just not cancel it out with the OPF (other people's flying).

The situation is that union leaders are picking up OPF (other people's flying). Do you deny that fact? Do you denounce it as wrong? Your silence on the issue would seem to be your answer.

What was the motto last year? "We're in Washington trying to save jobs?" How about "We're down at the Union Hall trying to save jobs?"

Last edited:
Did anyone watch the last meeting, I saw it on the web. Towards the end an issue was brought up about using union money to help pay for furloughed medical coverage. One suggestion was to "tax" or "asses" the OPF time at a huge rate to help pay for it...... What a great idea. Make people be unified via a tax......... if it works for the govmet it works for me........

Just a thought on how to "handle" the open flying crowed left in the union. "Asses" all OPF flying at 90% or even more. I vote for a 110% tax. That way if you pick up open time you actually spend some of your base pay to pay for the furlough fund...... brilliant.

Did anyone watch the last meeting, I saw it on the web. Towards the end an issue was brought up about using union money to help pay for furloughed medical coverage. One suggestion was to "tax" or "asses" the OPF time at a huge rate to help pay for it...... What a great idea. Make people be unified via a tax......... if it works for the govmet it works for me........

Just a thought on how to "handle" the open flying crowed left in the union. "Asses" all OPF flying at 90% or even more. I vote for a 110% tax. That way if you pick up open time you actually spend some of your base pay to pay for the furlough fund...... brilliant.
Box Hauler. I like the way you think! Treat them like a bunch of AIG executives.

I hope you're doing OK.

Folks picking up open time goes back as far as furloughs. It cannot be prevented. And a union can not endorse any action that violates the 'status-quo'.

Concentrate on something you have control over. You'll be much better served!

Good luck

Folks picking up open time goes back as far as furloughs. It cannot be prevented. And a union can not endorse any action that violates the 'status-quo'.

Concentrate on something you have control over. You'll be much better served!

Good luck
It's OK. It doesn't hurt to increase awareness. It doesn't cost anything and it makes me feel good. Thanks for you support though.

Latest resources

Back