• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

121 or go to FLEXJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
121 Regional vs Fractional (NJA, Flex, CS) = no brainer. 121 Major vs Fractional = tougher call. As of May 2008 the big 3 fracs will all start at 55k+ for new hires. A brief check of APC shows that is more than most, if not all regional FO top pay rates, and is also equal to a 7 year 120 Captain at Skywest. Maybe money can't buy you love, but I doubt food stamps can either. If you're still a die-hard airline pilot there are plenty who leave the fracs to chase the major airline dream. There are also plenty who go frac and never look back. Least you can do is give them both a shot. QOL at Flex is good. I'm coming up on 1 year in, and next month I have all 4 day rotations with 4 or 5 days off in between. You'll never have less than 3 off, unless you check a box in PBS to allow it to be 2. Don't do that :) Sure, it's not as flexible as the airlines (no trip trading, line improvement, etc), but I think the better pay, crew meals + per diem, brand new equipment, hotel and airline miles, and variety of flying more than make up for it; for me anyway. Good luck in your quest. And remember, the perfect job is just an illusion.

-$55k+ First year pay $500/day OT rate
-Over $100k after 4 years $900/day OT rate
-Paid uniforms
-Positive space commute
-100% match on 401K up to 6%
-Offers 7/7 (7 days vacation twice per month)
-Set Schedule for entire year
-Top Tier Hotels all while be treated as a valued buisness traveler.
-72 hour layovers in Rich People places
-$55/day per diem to eat/drink/entertain yourself while laying over in rich people places
-Brand new clean airplanes
-Respectful PAX

We all make mistakes during interviews Shamrock. Not everyone makes things up to spite the company that won't hire them.

Good Luck,

RCA

While all great points, I think ol' Shamrock was kidding around....at the top of his post he had a big Smiley face.....any intelligent person realizes that CS is a good place to be

We all make mistakes during interviews Shamrock. Not everyone makes things up to spite the company that won't hire them.

Good Luck,

RCA

I was curious how long it would take someone to throw out a "you hate the company because you didn't get hired" comment.

Sorry to inform you but I've never applied at CS and therefore I've never had the opportunity to "make mistakes during (the) interview". I posted my comment as a dig directed towards bailout, who I worked with at my current job before he defected to CS. Hopefully he realizes that I'm just kidding.

Last edited:
I was curious how long it would take someone to throw out a "you hate the company because you didn't get hired" comment.
Well...we all hate Mesa, but statistically...I don't think they could have interviewed all of us. :D

So you are telling me that the CL300 is a better airplane than a CRJ700? What every YOOOOO!
Plus who wants to be a slave to the rich anyway.(Sorry mam your pickles are not sliced, I'll take care of it at once!)

Been there done that (meaning frac/corp)!
Sorry to say but fractional is NOT for everone.

Sorry to inform you but I've never applied at CS and therefore I've never had the opportunity to "make mistakes during (the) interview". I posted my comment as a dig directed towards bailout, who I worked with at my current job before he defected to CS. Hopefully he realizes that I'm just kidding.

LOL,. I got it! I didnt see it until today after you got a few replies though!

So,. when ARE you coming over to the Fracs?

So you are telling me that the CL300 is a better airplane than a CRJ700?
Yes, everyone agreed to that a long time ago. Can you please try to keep up with the topic?

So,. when ARE you coming over to the Fracs?

When they go to 3 on/4 off (or maybe even 4 on/3 off) schedules and I don't have to take a pay cut to go there.

There are many things about the airlines that I'm not crazy about but right now I have fewer reservations about sticking with the bus driver career path than I do about that of the limo driver. I'm not going anywhere until I get my PIC time anyway. Maybe after I do I'll consider it again but I honestly don't know if I'll ever be sold enough on the fracs to make the jump.

Latest resources

Back