• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

12 of Comairs 70's going to Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we hear Delta in court yesterday say that the 70's would be flown by ASA.

I will look back through - do you have the link to the transcript? I had heard ALPA just handed the RJDC folks a gift, saying that Comair was part of an operationally integrated airline with Delta and that the degree of integration was illustrated by ASA's effects on Delta's ATL operations.

In effect, ALPA contradicted almost every arguement they have been making since 1999 with regard to their Duty of Representation for DCI pilots. The Judge ruled against ALPA (which I'm sure ALPA will now say supports their RJDC defense) but clearly by ALPA's own admissions in Court this is not something that can be resolved with a motion. There are questions of fact just to decide which version of ALPA's testimony is true.

The summation of what was disclosed to me was that a manager within maintenance was in CVG to set up a mx base and hire personnel. And admittingly they could be providing mx for ASA flown aircraft as they do for ASA aircraft hubbed from LAX. The other item from what I was told is that a block of 20 to 25 200's would be operated by ASA and flow out of ATL.

Right, wrong, or otherwise that is what I was told. I really don't care whether we get the aircraft or not, were busy enough.

We have recieved aircraft from Comair before and most of them were a beat to death POS, I would rather get new ones.

Last edited:
The summation of what was disclosed to me was that a manager within maintenance was in CVG to set up a mx bsae and hire personnel. And admittingly they could be providing mx for ASA flown aircraft as they do for ASA aircraft hubbed from LAX. The other item from what I was told is that a block of 20 to 25 200's would be operated by ASA and flow out of ATL.

Right, wrong, or otherwise that is what I was told. I really don't care whether we get the aircraft or not, were busy enough.

I heard that ASA was trying to relocate additional mechanics to CVG. Having said that, I didn't hear it from a slam dunk source.

I don't want Comair's airplanes and appreciate the principled stand made by our MEC - "No concessions for jets."

Yes, the Comair boys tried to screw us, twice, while sending us stickers of their support. But now they are in a fight for their life and deserve any help we can provide.

Originally Posted by PA44Jockey
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we hear Delta in court yesterday say that the 70's would be flown by ASA.

Yeah and that is why we are lossing ac705 tomorrow.

"No one else but you in IAH ever had a base close"!? How about they closed Bakersfield, they closed Pocatello, they closed SGU, they closed Paso Robles, they closed Ontario as a co-domicile, they closed LAX, they closed Yuma, they closed then after a long time reopened Carlsbad as a co-domicile...yeah right only you in IAH!

Thank God they closed ONT as a co-domicile to PSP. The policy manual (FWIW) said a co-domicile had to be within 45 miles of it's primary domicile. Do the math: ONT isn't anywhere near 45 miles from PSP. The thinking was that the lines would be more palatable to the guys living in the Riverside-Pomona-Fontana-Yucuipa-ONT area. It didn't work out that way. The guys in that area continued driving into PSP for the better lines while us guys from PSP had to, therefore, drive to ONT for the crappier lines. Before any of you say anything about juniority etc..............the company said if any of us living in PSP ended up having to drive to ONT for a trip, they would pick up the tab for a rental car or the mileage. Of course that interpretation started to float around.....................I ended up putting 1500 miles on a brand new truck that I didn't get paid for.

Pen Stroke policy change...........how about the guys that had upgraded in the Metro...................and got downgraded back to the right seat of the Brasilia when the Metro's went away?.....................not what the policy manual had drawn out for us. Future upgrades should have been done on a seniority basis, and when slots were available..............not forcing others to retrain. Not what the policy manual dictated.............but hey...........what's the policy manual at SKYW written on?

Rant Over,

AF :cool:

Thank God they closed ONT as a co-domicile to PSP. The policy manual (FWIW) said a co-domicile had to be within 45 miles of it's primary domicile. Do the math: ONT isn't anywhere near 45 miles from PSP. The thinking was that the lines would be more palatable to the guys living in the Riverside-Pomona-Fontana-Yucuipa-ONT area. It didn't work out that way. The guys in that area continued driving into PSP for the better lines while us guys from PSP had to, therefore, drive to ONT for the crappier lines. Before any of you say anything about juniority etc..............the company said if any of us living in PSP ended up having to drive to ONT for a trip, they would pick up the tab for a rental car or the mileage. Of course that interpretation started to float around.....................I ended up putting 1500 miles on a brand new truck that I didn't get paid for.

Pen Stroke policy change...........how about the guys that had upgraded in the Metro...................and got downgraded back to the right seat of the Brasilia when the Metro's went away?.....................not what the policy manual had drawn out for us. Future upgrades should have been done on a seniority basis, and when slots were available..............not forcing others to retrain. Not what the policy manual dictated.............but hey...........what's the policy manual at SKYW written on?

Rant Over,

AF :cool:

I was just trying to point out to a former IAH crewmember that they weren't the only ones that had bases closed...I didn't even bring up the massive downsizing in SMX when they opened PRB on us with almost no notice.

Latest resources

Back