Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
be glad you have a job :erm:

good point, well taken

someone else asked if I knew in advance where I might be going, every day it was "we need to go here now" and "tomorrow we are not going there, it is this place" etc etc stuff. It was a 3 day trip which turned in 6 days then 11.

another inquired about health, I am fine, just had a private "just-turned-middle-age-you-are-a-man" check up and all systems are fine. I eat pretty well and exercise, not Power Man contest but walking, light weights, I do.

I think this trip just in general kicked my azz, and the next one I will be a little more aware of what is coming

good point, well taken

someone else asked if I knew in advance where I might be going, every day it was "we need to go here now" and "tomorrow we are not going there, it is this place" etc etc stuff. It was a 3 day trip which turned in 6 days then 11.

another inquired about health, I am fine, just had a private "just-turned-middle-age-you-are-a-man" check up and all systems are fine. I eat pretty well and exercise, not Power Man contest but walking, light weights, I do.

I think this trip just in general kicked my azz, and the next one I will be a little more aware of what is coming

Sounds like you had the stress trip of the year, maybe? I would think it should be down hill from here. Just be postive and I bet the next ones will be better with less stress.

:)

This happens to me some times too. Usually it is stress related, just the thought of doing laundry gives me the creeps. what helps me is Drink ALOT of WATER. stay up on it don't wait till your feeling like crap. other thing I do that helps more is go to a batting cage, hit a bucket of balls at the driving range or go bowling. an activity like this can be dropped like a hat if the pax call for a quick responce, not like your out on the back 9.

Exercise, low-fat foods, and Water. I love having a few beers, but this will make recovery take longer, so stay away from the stuff for a night or two.

Also, eating things like pizza and burgers seem to make me feel more rundown if I have had them a few nights in the row. I thin it is because it takes longer and more energy for the body to process them.

Not over eating could help (since you said you hit up the Marriot buffet)

Ok call me a pansee, but I pose this to the audience for feedback.

Just got off a 11 day roadtrip, flew everyday, checked in and out of like 5 hotels, did laundry on the road every 3 or 4 days (I don't bring an army duffel bag on the road full of underwear), etc etc. Burned thru two weekends away from my family.

I rarely do these, the last one was a few years ago (read: younger) and I didn't seem to be physically tired.

Just got home. While I actually got decent sleep while on the road, and was not doing much heavy lifting (not digging ditches), for some reason I am godda** exhausted. My whole body is tired. I have been home for three days and I slept every night AND took a 3 or 4 hour nap every day. My brain actually feels tired. Sex with my wife (nor Eva Longoria, Heather Locklear, Jenna Jameson, etc) is not even in the want-to-do list.

Whats the deal? Any similar reactions? HOW do the 7-on, 7-off (for life) guys do it? Geez. god bless yall

tips, etc?

send them now because I have a 5-day'er coming up. If I eat another Marriott buffett I am gonna vomit.

Its been 3 years since you did this before.....you can have the best diet and plenty of rest, if you're simply not used to this type of schedule you're body will take a good hit until you get used to it. There's nothing you can do except get used to it.

I don't do this type of flying anymore, but I did a contract trip a couple weeks ago for a friend that really needed someone. First day was a 14 hour duty day, about 8 hours of rest and a 13 hour duty day (all Part 91). It sucked and I felt kind of tired for 2 days afterwards. But they paid dearly for it so.......

As mentioned, its a job.

Hi!

When I left on a trip, I would bring everything I need to be gone 2-4 weeks. I would take a rollaboard, jepps bag (with no jepss) and a small bag (airplane stuff) that fit over the handle of my rollaboard.

I would do laundry about the 12 day point. I would wash a few things by hand prior to the 12 day point, typically.

I also had to pack for ALaska and Panama-type weather on every trip.

Now, everything is out and back and no hotels at all!!!

cliff
NBO

Nairobi

How's it going over there Cliff. The wife and I will be there on holiday in June visiting a school we support. Where are they housing you.

I had to force myself away from the Marriott buffets. Like fido said--nutrition is the key.

But also, you're gonna feel like crap on that schedule.

Keep up the exercise and good nutrition while at home and you'll handle the trips better.

TC

Try 5 months overseas away from home in a 3 world country.

Haha, exactly what I thought. 11 days on that schedule doesnt sound too bad. I get sent out for 18 days nonstop every month in a plane that routinely crosses 7 time zones. Try doing that for a couple years..

Satpak... I can't stress how important water is. Most of us dismiss it... but dude, plan on drinking 8 water bottles a day and STICK TO IT, especially while flying. When you're at the hotel, hit the treadmill at least and do at least half hour on it either running or walking.

Cliff... good to see you flying again. Is your CEO going to join you there? :)

Latest resources

Back