• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

11 day roadtrip - fatigue issues? QUESTION

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
good posts by all. above said trip just whipped me, I ain't 22 anymore, etc etc....I am on the road again and I am in bed at 10 PM, lights out. Last few days had fruit and light breakfast and walked outside for 45 minutes every morning.

100% better

I find the quality of hotel also has a big impact on how rested I feel. A night at a Hampton, Fairfield, Holiday Inn Express, etc., usually leaves me pretty fried the next day. There's something about those hotels that they transmit every little bit of noise directly to my pillow. Elevator hum, ice machine, doors slamming, voices nextdoor -- all of them go right through those paper-thin walls.

Judging by your avatar, I'm hoping you're staying somewhere a little nicer than that!

I find the quality of hotel also has a big impact on how rested I feel. A night at a Hampton, Fairfield, Holiday Inn Express, etc., usually leaves me pretty fried the next day. There's something about those hotels that they transmit every little bit of noise directly to my pillow. Elevator hum, ice machine, doors slamming, voices nextdoor -- all of them go right through those paper-thin walls.

Judging by your avatar, I'm hoping you're staying somewhere a little nicer than that!

full service marriotts and hiltons 95% of time, occassional Double Tree, Emb Suites, ETc

Hi!

I am staying in the "subdivision" of Eagle Plains, which is just off the Mombasa highway just East of the airport. It is OK. It is better now that another American guy showed up to live here in the duplex with me.

I am on facebook, with lots of commentary and photos if U want 2 check it out.

My CEO should be coming for Vacation in early summer for a bit. Another friend (guy) will probably visit earlier.

It is DEFINITELY interesting. Especially flying on day 2 cold, with no training or anything else. Everything here is getting better, from the apartment, to the plane, to the flying, to the local company.

THere is LOTS of flying in East Africa with a number of -9s and LOTS of MD-8xs.

If someone wants to visit, we have a spare room and bed.

cliff
NBO

Good to hear things are progressing for you. The wife and I will be there in June visiting a school in Nairobi that we support. Any local concerns with what is going on in Somalia.

Remember when flying part91, you can only work 24 hours per day, and you can't do that more than 365 days per year.

good posts by all. above said trip just whipped me, I ain't 22 anymore, etc etc....I am on the road again and I am in bed at 10 PM, lights out. Last few days had fruit and light breakfast and walked outside for 45 minutes every morning.

100% better

Yeah. No more "close the bar, get a combat nap, coffee (STRONG!) and off you go". ;)

TC

Hi!

The NE part of Kenya, near the Somalia border is a problem. They have gangs of robbers coming over the border and stopping cars and taking all their valuables.

Just heard this the past few days from locals. They said do NOT go to any gameparks/holidays near Somalia.

On an interesting not, Somali ATC (run by the UN) is physically based in Kenya.

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back