100 NJ bases! who has list?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain

100 bases! That's insane, anyone have a list of them out there? I thought NJ had many bases before and they got rid of them... if that is true, what did the guys before do when they closed their respective base? Is there anything in the contract to protect for that?

thinking of trying to make the 121 to frac switch, the uncertain 121 future is killing me.

100 bases! That's insane, anyone have a list of them out there?

NetJets Crew Bases 2007

I thought NJ had many bases before and they got rid of them...

They did, for folks who were there before the 2005 contract was signed -- and it was a bigger list than we have now. (If anyone was already using a base that's not on the new list, they can keep using it.) For folks who came on after that, they were limited to just five bases, so this is a big improvement.

... if that is true, what did the guys before do when they closed their respective base? Is there anything in the contract to protect for that?

The contract discusses crew bases that can't meet certain airline service requirements (other than GA-only airports) for longer than 14 days. In that case, the union and the company will meet to determine the replacement airport. At that point, the crewmember can use the designated replacement base or has the option to change to a new crew base of his/her choosing.

The company can re-open crew bases that only temporarily fail to meet airline service standards (or GA airports that were closed). During the interim, if a crewmember is using a temporary crew base at the company's direction, the company will re-imburse "reasonable travel expenses incurred" in using the temporary base.

thanks...
I've always wanted to live in DRO but working for the airlines really restricts that desire (although there are guys that do it) It would be amazing to be able to live and work in aviation there, Oh and make a decent wage. I know of a guy that lives there but he drives the 4 hours to ABQ once a week to commute!
I guess if the base closed a "reasonable" expense may be pretty huge, if in some of those remote bases.
wow to be treated like a person with a job and not a number (did you get eight hours rest and do you need compensatory rest) I think the airlines forgot that some numbers are limits not goals...
NJ is looking better daily...

What does the contract say about moving from base to base? i.e. if my wife goes to school in Florida, so I take a base there, then we want to live in Washington state, is there a problem changing?

No, just submit a base change form with at least 30 days notice. You can do this as often as you want but you can only have one form pending at a time, so you must spend at least 30 days at your new base before moving again.

Hi!

Sluggo: What were your date/aircraft choices, and what did U decide? How were U notified?

Thanx!

cliff
YYZ

Latest resources

Back