• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As long as you fly for United and Delta, they can flip the switch on SkyWest and turn it off like a 40 watt incandescent light bulb.

Remember these guys?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Air[/quote]

Granted. Frankly, this is true of any of the regionals.

That being said, why post this? There appears to be some animosity here towards SKYW, and therefore ASA, by comparing us to a '40 watt incandescent light bulb.' What gives?

At the very least, you could associate us with a super efficient, low energy using, highly effective LED...

More questions:

How will the bidding on these (new) airplanes work?

Will it be the same group of pilots as on the 70? Same type?

Will there be a new bid for training on these aircraft?

700/900 will be common. Basically a handout has to be completed and your done. As far as bidding goes, I'm betting you'll be able to fly a 700 and 900 in the same day. If not, it will be a trip that is 700 on one three/four day and a 900 on another.

That being said, why post this? There appears to be some animosity here towards SKYW, and therefore ASA, by comparing us to a '40 watt incandescent light bulb.' What gives?

At the very least, you could associate us with a super efficient, low energy using, highly effective LED...

Fins has crossed over to the Double Breasted side. He's arrived in the land of wind checks and requests for sequence. He's also a little bit miffed that didn't have the chance to experience ASA under Brad. So his memories of ASA are ones that contain Brian LaPric. I'd be upset too if that were me.

Hence his association of ASA and an old ratty in-ca-de-scent bulb. Big words are hard this morning. If I sound them out and clap with the syllables sometimes I can figure it out.

Honestly Fins, I find it interesting how people's posts change as they move for regional to legacy. Why is this?

More questions:

1. How will the bidding on these (new) airplanes work?

2. Will it be the same group of pilots as on the 70? Same type?

3. Will there be a new bid for training on these aircraft?

1. Same schedules.

2. C. “Aircraft-type” means any variation of a particular model of aircraft, e.g., CR7-CR9, CR2, AT7 and related models so long as the related model requires no transition training and remains within the seat ranges established in this agreement.

Seat range 60-76 seats turbojet

3. Difference training.

Last edited:
There is no way they are going to be able to put off upgrades for the 700 too long. It's going to take a month and a half per class to get everyone through. Significantly less time for those coming off the 50, but I don't think there will be many takers, since the 50 is now the more senior aircraft. I expect to see quite a few more upgrades- wonder when it will start.

For the sake of the younger pilots, I hope the furlough word is stale news. I'm hoping we keep our people on, wheather or not it eats into our profit margin.

As for Alan- he's a damn fine pilot, and can fly the hell out of the RJ. For those that run their mouths- don't think you would do so to his face once you saw him.

Good news....The original furlough of around 167 has been postponed while they re-run the numbers......As of now we are still overstaffed...but not as much....

Good news....The original furlough of around 167 has been postponed while they re-run the numbers......As of now we are still overstaffed...but not as much....

The original number I heard was up to 300. So nearly half that is great news. Additionally, ASA has a year and a half to figure out their overstaffing condition and future opportunity (hopefully). I'm hoping with a net loss overall of 1 aircraft (assuming you count the new 70 coming in) ASA will NOT have to furlough. If the economy does indeed turn around in 2010, it seems there will be lots of opportunity out there.

Trojan

The original number I heard was up to 300. So nearly half that is great news. Additionally, ASA has a year and a half to figure out their overstaffing condition and future opportunity (hopefully). I'm hoping with a net loss overall of 1 aircraft (assuming you count the new 70 coming in) ASA will NOT have to furlough. If the economy does indeed turn around in 2010, it seems there will be lots of opportunity out there.

Trojan

300 was the number we were overstaffed by. They can only furlough the hundred and fortysomething people not protected by the contract.

Latest resources

Back