• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
300 was the number we were overstaffed by. They can only furlough the hundred and fortysomething people not protected by the contract.

Yeah. 300 was never part of the furlough plan. Most of our pilots are protected with a "no furlough" clause...at least until some judge throws out our contract :p Until then this industry will change 27 times.

Oh, and those of you worried about Delta furloughs coming to ASA with those 900's you can rest easy. Those deals were intended for the NWA wholly-owneds, not us. Ofcourse those 900's aren't even here yet....don't count your chickens.......

Good God, this is comical.
Egads ladies, 2 things!
1-MESA sukks!
2-Who cares where the planes go, as long as its not messa!
PBR

Who will want to fly it. The schedule will probably be identical to the 700. It will be super senior or junior. I am staying on the ghetto cruiser 200.

Yeah Delta will furlough =Oh Please is RIGHT...

And Oh Please most likely never wanted to go to Delta and upgrade in 15-20 years and be on reserve in JFK for years...or holding 16-17 days off a month at home, flying as captain, with young fun crews (I have been on Dl=crews suck) and spending time with family and friends EVERY MONTH.

upgrade 15-20years?...... that depends on if you mean seat or job. Who needs 15-20 years? We have new hires in the ER. Most in their third year make more than any of you will ever see at your commuter, ever! We stay at top of the line hotels and have the choice to fly all over the world or stay close to home. After that third year...the gap get larger and larger. 16-17 off? Spending time with friends and family? Other than new hires or those that choose to be on larger equipment with reserve, we get that or better. Many of our guys are sitting home 20 + days a month on reserve.

Your rant holds no water. Good luck at your job. You should stay there with your young fun crews. Just make sure you make room for those other pilots at your airline that want to move on to the majors. Im sure there are plenty there that know it does get better than what you have.

BTW I don't hold it against any regional pilot for what they fly. As long as it is allowed under our scope thats fine. Our scope is our problem. It isn't easy to keep but I can tell you that us newer and younger guys will fight as hard as we can to keep it. I don't wish furlough on anyone. The games with moving planes around to get deals sucks, but that isn't my fight. Just like I don't espect you to fight for my scope. Just be careful what you wish for. But I'm sure that you never applied to the majors anyway.

Last edited:
Is this not close to what sw did to ASA? Just this time its ASA doing it to MESABA so its ok, because you deserve them.

Hey 'balls', ASA didn't 'do' anything to anyone.

G
Not what I'm saying. I'm saying how its funny that when sw got the 900's you guys kept saying the sw pilots took the planes because no alpa etc.. Well now that you guys got the planes from MESABA you guys are patting each other on the back instead of saying why did ALPA not work to put an end to plane swaps at the regionals? But hey there must be a difference between what happened then and now! Face it there is no diff, just this time it benefits u so theres nothing wrong with it.

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying how its funny that when sw got the 900's you guys kept saying the sw pilots took the planes because no alpa etc.. Well now that you guys got the planes from MESABA you guys are patting each other on the back instead of saying why did ALPA not work to put an end to plane swaps at the regionals? But hey there must be a difference between what happened then and now! Face it there is no diff, just this time it benefits u so theres nothing wrong with it.

Sure, if you say so! It's all about us and we still want our airplanes back that you took! Happy?

Latest resources

Back