• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

04 Feb 2008 Delta New Hire Drop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious, but does anybody know the average age/total times of recent newhires at DAL??

I'm kinda bummed these days cause I've always wanted to work for Delta (grew up and live 10 mins from JFK), but I'm stuck in Eagle limbo right now (been here 4 years and am gambling on upgrading here quicker than I would if I were to make a lateral move at this time), and I just don't know anyone at DAL. None of the CAs I fly with make the jump because most of them are lifers.

I'm 28 with 3500 TT, 2200 SIC, and 0 TPIC, and I can't help but think I'm missing the boat on this hiring wave.

Last edited:
I'm 28 with 3500 TT, 2200 SIC, and 0 TPIC, and I can't help but think I'm missing the boat on this hiring wave.

My man, you need some PIC badly. Unless you know someone or have a demographic advantage, you will not get called by anyone without it.

My man, you need some PIC badly. Unless you know someone or have a demographic advantage, you will not get called by anyone without it.

I know!!!

Unfortunately, I just can't walk into the store and buy TPIC time.

I'd take chances, but I don't want to make a lateral to a quick-upgrade-regional for which I'd have to commute and then have things go south if the upgrades there come to a grinding halt (i.e. lengthy time spent commuting to be a reserve FO when I made the jump there to be a CA!! Again I live in NY and we really don't have any quick upgrade regionals here.)

That said, though, I am very willing to commute to SJU to be an ATR CA here at Eagle, and I'm taking a gamble by staying here and cautiously-optimistically hoping that I'll be able to get that within the next year (2008).

Just curious, but does anybody know the average age/total times of recent newhires at DAL??

I'm kinda bummed these days cause I've always wanted to work for Delta (grew up and live 10 mins from JFK), but I'm stuck in Eagle limbo right now (been here 4 years and am gambling on upgrading here quicker than I would if I were to make a lateral move at this time), and I just don't know anyone at DAL. None of the CAs I fly with make the jump because most of them are lifers.

There have been a few guys hired at DAL with no turbine PIC. And several of those came from Eagle. DAL knows the upgrade time at Eagle is forever.

Your main problem isn't your lack of turbine PIC, it is the fact you don't know anyone there. That is definitely the key to getting the interview!

Also, lack of total time. I helped get my buddy from Eagle hired but he had 7,000 tt and no PIC.

Just did the pre-screen with chief pilots office, and was told I would be getting the call within a week or so. He told me to really be ready for the tests, they had some high failure rates in JAN. My biggest concern is the tech portion, as I haven't studied any of that stuff in a long time. Any hints where to go to get some good study material or gouge for that matter. Thanks in advance !

That's unbelievable. Why on Earth would you not do it by date of birth, oldest=most senior?

This was not the case in 01. It was definitely age when I went to class, but I guess that has changed. All in all.... who gives a rats rear end once you're in, you're in... right?

Can anyone post what airlines/ military these guys were hired from? As much info on class breakdown as possible for JAn and Feb.

Thanks

I know!!!

Unfortunately, I just can't walk into the store and buy TPIC time.

I'd take chances, but I don't want to make a lateral to a quick-upgrade-regional for which I'd have to commute and then have things go south if the upgrades there come to a grinding halt (i.e. lengthy time spent commuting to be a reserve FO when I made the jump there to be a CA!! Again I live in NY and we really don't have any quick upgrade regionals here.)

That said, though, I am very willing to commute to SJU to be an ATR CA here at Eagle, and I'm taking a gamble by staying here and cautiously-optimistically hoping that I'll be able to get that within the next year (2008).

Why not jump to a regional thats hiring Street CA's?

Latest resources

Back