• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zero Time to Pinnacle First Officer in 9 Months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, at least we can agree on VA, Skybus and Go Jets. But PFT hurt a lot of pilots in the 90's, how is that not lowering the bar? Just because it did not hurt YOU directly does not mean it didn't hurt your career. It's the whole attitude of selling out.

At least you voted those kick @$$ concessions at NWA.

I love the guys at NW that have the "Dont blame me, I voted NO!" stickers on their bags. Compass hating is pretty common over at mainline.That couldn't be further from the truth! NWA pilots support Compass and want you guys in on SLI.

Wasn't around during concessions. Also, read some of my past post on Compass, you'll see I want them to be on our list and part of the new DAL.

It is up to the Captains to teach the new FO's how to be professional pilots.

First... each Captain must choose on his/her own accord to be professional. Look it, act it, be it...

Then each Captain must choose to pass this on to the new first officers.

The only poeple concerned with professionalism are pilots. No one else.

Last edited:
It's GoJet.....there is no "S" at the end of it (as in GoJets)

If we're going to insult them at least let's make sure we're insulting them by the proper name.

And yes they suck.

Wasn't around during concessions. Also, read some of my past post on Compass, you'll see I want them to be on our list and part of the new DAL.

Thats not the vibe I got from the crew I hopped a ride with earlier this week. Got quite an earful about Compass while jumpseating to work on monday. Not the first time I've heard those sentiments either. Sounded like the only reason I got the jumpseat was because I was 9E and not compass.

Last edited:
MJ42 - do you support the same for Mesaba or Comair? Please explain. Why should Compass get a staple and not Mesaba or Comair?

MJ42 - do you support the same for Mesaba or Comair? Please explain. Why should Compass get a staple and not Mesaba or Comair?

Yes, I'd EVENTUALLY like to see XJ and Comair stapled but I don't think it will happen(including Compass). I originally did not think stapling all WO's was a good idea, but have changed my mind.

It would be easier at first to staple Compass for a few reasons. First they are represented by our MEC. Second, it's a very small pilot group to include in SLI talks. Third, there has already been a little interest by NWA MEC's about a Compass staple.

Unfortunately, things have been very quiet on SLI talks. They have until 8/8 to reach an agreement then it goes to arbitration with a FINAL decision in late Nov. I don't think including Compass, Mesaba or Comair is high on the agenda.

I also personally think DAL pilots would never go for stapling Comair, there is a lot of bad blood between the two pilot groups (RJDC, not hiring furloughed DAL pilots...).

If we can get a framework to staple Compass(and it actually works) then it would make it easier to try and have a much larger XJ pilot group stapled.

I just don't think any WO's will be stapled. We have the chance, but IMO it will be wasted.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back