• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

YV offering $10K bonus!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They came to SGU and set up at a local hotel....I know one person went, and that was to offer the people doing the interviews SkyWest applications. HA HA HA

They came to SGU and set up at a local hotel....I know one person went, and that was to offer the people doing the interviews SkyWest applications. HA HA HA
Now that, my friends, is hi-larious.

Heard the ad in the SGU paper had a similar design to something SkyWest would put out...with a tiny Mesa logo in the corner.

That bonus is a sham. It was an upper management ploy desinged to attract Skywest dispatchers to come to Mesa after Skywest came literally to Mesa's parking lot and hired about 30 F/Os.

Did SkyWest hire any of Mesa's dispatchers? It seems like SkyWest is always hiring dispatchers and I'm sure that the pay and qol is MUCH better at SkyWest. Plus SkyWest didn't just lose $80 million in a lawsuit. Which I guess would make pay, qol, and JOB SECURITY better at SkyWest.
I would think that Mesa would be a training ground for both SkyWest pilots and dispatchers.

Just because I'm bored

I looked up the dispatch payscale:
start 14.70
6 mos 15.26
1 year 16.05
2 year 16.58
3 year 17.47
4 year 18.00
5 year 18.69
6 year 19.06
7 year 19.53
8 year 20.27
9 year 20.95
10 year 21.38
11 year 21.66
12 year 21.86
13 year 22.07
14 year 22.28
15 year 22.50
16 year 22.71
17 year 22.92
1.00 override for trainers
1.50 override for controllers and air trasportation supervisors (ATS)
2.50 override for supervisors.

How does that compare to Mesa's payscale? If they treat their dispatchers like they treat their pilots, why would anyone work there?

Latest resources

Back