Yssy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YSSY Bug Spray

Yup, gotta spray and show customs/immigration/ag the empty cans through the window before opening the door.

TransMach

Anymore they will come on board... close up... and then spray. There were too many guys carrying around empty cans of spray and just holding it up. If you dont have cabin access to the baggage, you will need to unlock it for them so that they can spray there also.

LB

I don't fly an airplane that will make it down under but to satisfy my own curiosity please fill me in on what these bug spray requirements consist of and reasons why. Thx.

I don't fly an airplane that will make it down under but to satisfy my own curiosity please fill me in on what these bug spray requirements consist of and reasons why. Thx.

We already have most of the world's most poisonous snakes, a variety of long legged, crawly things that can bite you and make life extremely nasty, an exponentially increasing population of poisonous toads, as well as, so I've just found out, a new species of miniature box jelly fish, less than an inch long that can kill an adult in less than 24 hours. So, in short we'd like to keep the rest of the world's nasty bugs out!

So you have to fumagate your airplane upon landing but before opening doors? Or. . .?

We used Top of Descent. Showed empty can to ag rep before opening any doors or window. No problems. Thanks for all the help

We already have most of the world's most poisonous snakes, a variety of long legged, crawly things that can bite you and make life extremely nasty, an exponentially increasing population of poisonous toads, as well as, so I've just found out, a new species of miniature box jelly fish, less than an inch long that can kill an adult in less than 24 hours. So, in short we'd like to keep the rest of the world's nasty bugs out!

You forgot the white pointers and tiger sharks kenny ;)

Latest resources

Back