• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You're on GUARD!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Telling a guy he's transmitting on guard may keep him from making his transmission again if he doesn't figure it out. What's the big deal?

Glad someone brought this topic up. I'm sick of the "guard police" as well. It is always the same tone saying "you're on guard" like it is his job to notify everyone that they just made a mistake and transmitted on guard. Get a life. This goes right up there with the Delta guys who transmit "Heavy" all the way across the U.S. on the high center frequency. I've followed a guy for several hundred miles who continuously transmitted "Delta 151 Heavy" for hours. I checked in behind him once and said "Continental 62, I guess we are unheavy up here level at 3-5-0" He didn't get it(we were in a 767-400).

IAHERJ

Not the way I said it. Was being sarcastic and the controller in Boston Center got it. You had to be there.

I wish I had some good stories!! I must not be flying on the right days.

There was a Cherokee somewhere in the NE that was transmitting his pattern work(left downwind, left base, etc.) on guard. Of course the guard police were there to correct him, but alas, either his volume was down or was out of range and continued transmitting on guard. The guard nazi was going to have a coronary. I was laughing at the guard nazi more than anything.

I always wonder if they fly across the country either w/ #2 transmitter selected or with their finger on the button waiting to switch radios. I try to monitor guard as much as I remember, but I guess i'm too slow on the draw to be a guard nazi. Actually, it's probably more along the lines of enjoying somebody's perfect inrange call only to get "YOU'RE ON GUARD!!!"

A couple of years ago ATC asked us to switch over to guard in an attempt contact a CAL flight, of course some dork goes "you're on guard".

Ignoring, I repeated my transmission (including the statement that ATC was looking for CAL). The same dork (only louder) "you're on guard!". I finally said, "I know...now shut up...I'm trying to talk to CAL". geez....

I heard the same thing this weekend. AA was looking for a company a/c. They said, "AA123 this is AA321 on guard, do you copy?" Then the guard nazi said, "you're on guard." AA says, "yeah, we know, thanks" then continued looking for their company.

Well, the Guard Nazis were at it again today. We were returning from Montreal when we were asked to attempt to contact an Air Transat flight on guard frequency.
Me: "Air Transat xxx this is xxx xxxx on guard frequency."
Air Transat responded, then a Guard Nazi responded with, "You guys are both on guard." Which I lost it and said "Ok, Guard Nazi, I know I am trying to reach someone on Guard. IF you pay attention, you'll comprehend that as well. Now, kindly mind your own business."
I got a response back, "you're on Guard, Sir."
I ignored them and relayed the message for the Air Transat flight to contact the frequency ATC wanted them to be on.
Montreal was listening in and responded "xxx xxxx, you didn't have to be so rough on him."

Some people do need to get a life.

Latest resources

Back