• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your thoughts on the future of American and US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My cynical side thinks AA/US didn't grease the palms of our corrupt politicians enough, or DAL or UA did enough to have this thing delayed or deep sized. Who knows, maybe it is designed to knock off US and let them wither on the vine.

I love hearing the comments yesterday that DOJ was concerned the consumer would be hurt. Since when do corrupt politicians care about that?!

Isn't this the same kind of crap that happened back when Wolf tried to merge USAir with United?

The merger will go through. The DOJ is saving face by objecting. There is no chance in the end the merger is disallowed. After DL/NW and UA/CO they cannot tell AA/US they must compete at a disadvantage. There may be some pairing down but in my opinion the merger will no doubt go through.

Sure they can. The job of the DOJ is to look at things at the time they are happening. Those mergers hadn't happened when they were approved IOW there was more competition in the market.

When 6 state attorney generals also get involved, who know how it will turn out. There may be a compromise, but I bet the concessions will be deep and more than just DCA slots.

When 6 state attorney generals also get involved, who know how it will turn out. There may be a compromise, but I bet the concessions will be deep and more than just DCA slots.

Money rules at the end of the day. There is $11 billion behind this merger, just a matter of time to see what you'll get for that amount of $$$.

George Nicolau is behind the plan to kill the merger.......

Just because the pilots have not been integrated doesn't mean the east and west can be split up. The rest of the airline has been merged. There is no unscrambling this egg, regardless of what USAPA would like you to believe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back