• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your favorite layovers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any place with a craps table. Those little slices of free-America are particularly profitable layovers.

Though nostalgically, Laredo was always a choice place in it's own special way. :pimp:

the KSWF Hojo, packed with Cisco truck drivers eating the entire cont. breakfast and hookers (meth/cracked out ones) roaming the halls.

has anyone stayed there (SWF Hojo) lately (or is everyone over at the "endless stairs" Ramada)? Is that giant Russian guy still running the place? How about the half filled swimming pool with green/algae water and goose crap?

The Italian restaurant in the parking lot was pretty good, except it was only open 4 and 7pm.

For extra fun try crossing the highway (of Death) in front of the Ramada, then descending the grass hill on the way to the diner across the road.

Actually speaking of "Highways of Death" I think that award goes to the highway outside the Holiday Inn at Islip Long Island.

Last edited:
OK I know its been on here before, but where is your favorite layover?

One of my favorites was in Manhattan at the old Rosevelt Hotel. A quick train ride to Little Italy, and all the sightseeing you could want.

...Then there's Flint,... (sound of crickets chirping)

FNT is my favorite overnight next to DTW! Seriously.

Lubbock and Harlingen, because I know I won't have to listen to GL scream in the next room while some man is getting some.
icon10.gif

the KSWF Hojo, packed with Cisco truck drivers eating the entire cont. breakfast and hookers (meth/cracked out ones) roaming the halls.

has anyone stayed there (SWF Hojo) lately (or is everyone over at the "endless stairs" Ramada)? Is that giant Russian guy still running the place? How about the half filled swimming pool with green/algae water and goose crap?

The Italian restaurant in the parking lot was pretty good, except it was only open 4 and 7pm.

For extra fun try crossing the highway (of Death) in front of the Ramada, then descending the grass hill on the way to the diner across the road.

Actually speaking of "Highways of Death" I think that award goes to the highway outside the Holiday Inn at Islip Long Island.

Heh, I believe I've stayed at that Ramada. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the hotel bar was PACKED with 100% Puerto Ricans having some form of bizarre ethnic party last time I was there.

Lubbock and Harlingen, because I know I won't have to listen to GL scream in the next room while some man is getting some.
icon10.gif

Jealous???? Hey, I know you also like MAF and AMA, because those towns are FANTASTIC. Enjoy them, often. I won't.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Jealous of your man love??? I don't think so. The cowboys in Maf and Ama too LONGGGGG for ya?

Jealous of your man love??? I don't think so. The cowboys in Maf and Ama too LONGGGGG for ya?

Just because your Dad and brothers asked me out doesn't mean I go that way.......not that there is anything wrong with that.... I guess they had a long dry spell out there "on the range." They said the cows and donkeys missed you a lot. I knew you liked that "Intra Texas" stuff....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back