• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your favorite layovers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Honolulu - Waikiki....rumblin-bumblin-stumblin from MooseMcGillicuddys to steaks on the grill at Shore Bird...gotta make an Ale House pitstop on the way though

2. Frankfurt - mmmmmmm beeeeeerrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Hong Kong - Lan Kwai Fong rocks...Sticky Fingers is fun too

4. Brussels - mmmm beeeerrrr

5. Amsterdam

The Florida destinations are definitely nice except when you are junior you are there in July and not January, not as nice. BOS tops mine. A jog along the river then stopping and all the bars on the way up to Fenway to catch a game. I have never been to a Yank game but Red Sox fans are crazy good times!

SJU / Embassy Suites....Two company 727 crews arriving within an hour of each other, both with approx. 22-24 hours off.

Free Happy Hour from 4-7 pm poolside at the Hotel...14 Crewmembers.

You figure it out...

Favorite story from said layover:

- 26 year old fella', upgrading to 727 Captain, on I.O.E. .... vomiting in a potted plant in the lobby while the Check Airman is patting him on the back telling him.." you're doing a great job, keep up the good work!"

YKW

SJU / Embassy Suites....Two company 727 crews arriving within an hour of each other, both with approx. 22-24 hours off.

Free Happy Hour from 4-7 pm poolside at the Hotel...14 Crewmembers.

You figure it out...

Favorite story from said layover:

- 26 year old fella', upgrading to 727 Captain, on I.O.E. .... vomiting in a potted plant in the lobby while the Check Airman is patting him on the back telling him.." you're doing a great job, keep up the good work!"

YKW

Yup. Got kicked outta that hotel, too. Good RON.

I liked any layover in HI (miss that place). LCA (Cyprus), SNN (Limerick) the long RONs in FLL, LGA and LAX. ANC was good so long as there wasn't too cold. MSP was fun during "snow camp." Missed out on BUD. The "Bia Verde" was good in Catania. And DFW was good, cause I lived there.

How about Maui at the Princess Resort. Next to the lavaf lows and Long Beach at the point, there's a nude beach next to the hotel. Plenty of "beached whales" dock themselves at the nude beach. They do offer a crew rate....(gulp) $500/night...

Lemme guess... "Boystown", right ?? ;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Holy Crap! I have been to that one. We hitched a ride in the back of an old chevy truck. After about 8 dirt roads we made it there. About halfway through, I figured I may never make it home.

Been a while since I have done overnights, but the Hilton in Wilmington, NC is right near the top. Great little town, good resturaunts and the hotel is one of the best I have stayed at in airline life. I always enjoyed Ottawa, ON as well. There was a scottish resturant (yes they even served hagis for the daring) where all of the waitresses work short pleated kilts.

Latest resources

Back