• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You won't believe what I heard on ATC Frequency

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd still rather deal with the "Spanglish" in Mexico than the pure french being spoken in Quebec. Spanish is soooo much less irritating

heard over PIT in a hold for MDW several years ago

We were in a hold near PIT one day- CLE Center was going nuts with planes stacked everywhere when a shooting start screamed through the holding pattern.

Everyone started talking at once about who saw it and center came back and asked us to be quiet. About 10 seconds passed and then everyone started talking again all excited. Center came back a little more aggrivated this time and asked for quiet. 10 more seconds passed and it started again, center came back and said for everyone to shut up or no one was going anywhere all sorts of pissed off.

Then an obvioulsy older senior Capt. came back and said, " Center, you don't seem to understand, some big ball of flaming space S### just came flying through your hold." Dead silence for 10 seconds- Center- " for real?" Then he proceeded to call everyone and make sure they were there and apologized for getting angry.

I heard this a few years ago at FXE. It was a great VFR day and the controller was extremely busy.

Falcon 20: "Departure, XXX with you off Executive for mulitple practice approaches"

DEP: "Roger XXX, say first approach requested."

Falcon: "Sir, whatever is easier for you."

DEP: In a dead serious voice - "OK, squawk VFR, frequency change approved."

Coupla weeks ago we heard a pop-up VFR call for flight following.

Houston Ctr: "Okay, squawk four-three-five-three."

General Aviation guy: "Roger, squawking four-three-nine-three."

(long pause)

Unidentified airline guy: "Hey buddy, you found the nine on your transponder yet?"

Frustrated ZLA: "C'mon children, let's all play nice and stop blocking each other. Listen up! Southwest XXX, was that you checking on?"

SWA XXX: "Sorry Center, my anti-block is inop today. SWA XXX level at FL310."

- - -

Tower: "Piper XXX, go around for controller amusement."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back