• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skytrucker

That's a 10-4 good buddy
You might be freight trash if....

I completely stole this thread from the; You might be a regional pilot..." Anyway...

You might be a freight dog if......

You have to "Jiffy-lube" the engines before every flight. (2-3 qts.)

The plane has 4-7 paint jobs, and three faded logo's

The plane is older than your dad

The layover TV is borrowed from another pilot and only get three local channels.

Everyone wants a laptop, but no one can afford one.

Your charts and uniform are "figured in" to your base pay.

Your uniform has more oil than the puddle under the plane.

A 14 hour duty day is considered a vacation.

You live in PHX, but are more pale than New Yorkers

You still don't know how to work a GPS

Last edited:
Hooked On Foniks

Hay their,

I know it is a stretch for all of us Fratedawgs and former dawgs to be able to spell but pleeze give us the benefit of the doubt.

Call: 1800-Lur-n2spl

the tree R's

cut me some slack... I'm not cooolage edumacated like you whipper-snapper 121 guys.

Ok, I admit, I suffer from the type first edit later sickness.

A few more for ya'll...

..... you have more time in "A" models than Bob Hoover.

.... CRM (did I spell that right?) means nothing to you

....standardized cockpit is a pipe dream.

You might be a freight dog if you have more NIGHT flying than daytime flying.

You might be a skinny freight puppy if you're dodging weather by following the (big dogs in the UPS, 767) to avoid weather when your radar went out two weeks ago. (A special thanks to some of the UPS pilots for leading us around some nasty weather)

You might be a freight dog if your paycheck bounces.

You might be a freight dog if your company asks you to hold the check for 3 days before cashing it.

You might be a freight dog if your wife tells everyone you are just a glorified truck driver.

You might be a freight dog if you look forward to the "free pizza" at the fuel stop in Little Rock, AK.

You might be a freight dog if you never know where you are going to go next.

You might be a freight dog if you speak with your wife 3 out of the 7 days of the week, and when you do, it's when you get home at 4 a.m.

We're like a pack of stray dogs wandering the skies in the middle of the night...eating out of vending machines and relying on the kindness of the FBO personnel...wouldn't trade it for nothin'.

(A special thanks to some of the UPS pilots for leading us around some nasty weather) (A special thanks to some of the UPS pilots for leading us around some nasty weather)

Hey there,

I knew they had free pizza at Little Rock, AR. Ill have to check out Little Rock, Alaska next time up there..... always up for free pizza. Now we are gonna get razzed about not knowing the friggin' state abreviations(wink, wink). Anyway, I wouldnt trade being a member of the Order Of the Sleepless Knights for nothing..... Take care fellow Freight Dawgs!Order Of the Sleepless Knights

Last edited:
I never got free pizza at Little Rock last time I was there, but then again it was at 2:30am so that might explain something. However the line guy did give me a free soda and ice cream bar when put 170gal in my 402. Myabe I just went to the wrong FBO, which one gives the free pizza, as from now I will always stop in Little Rock. Mr Freeze why would you follow UPS around the weather and not just go direct dest, and what is this thing you call weather radar as I have never heard of such an invention. Mr Freeze you are now recleared direct the pounders!

Latest resources

Back