you know your crashpad tired when...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wmuflyguy said:
I did that when I got displaced to a differnt base.

I got stuck with a Mormon, that did not allow drinking in the house.

I have since revised the list of things I ask before I move into a place.

I think I've met that "moron"..........and he's "the guy who never locks the door".......!

If your "house" has such a high turn over rate you dont even bother to learn the new guys name before you ask him what base he bid.

If after the base bid awards come out half the population leaves and it becomes a free for all on all remaining food. "it all belong to the guys who left, I think...."

If the pizza company sends out coupons for the new deals and 35 of the same coupons show up for people who dont live there anymore.

If the medicine cabinet is so full of mini soaps and shampoo your affraid to open it.

Theres are so many flying magazines in the cabinets you can read about a new twin Cessna is building called the "402." Or the new 6 place A-36 Bonanza.

If everysingle person who lives there owns a lap top.

The most prime seat in the house is the one where you can play on your lap top and still see the TV.

If you've never been able to sleep in your own bed because all 3 of your roommates snore. So you go to all 3 couches and there's already somebody snooring there too.

If you know every daily special at the closest restaurant.

When scheduling calls and they tell you there is no one else to take the trip and you call BS cause theres 8 guys in the same room who havn't done anything all day who want the trip.

If your praying for crappy weather so other crews time out and you can go to work.

If space in the fridge is more valuable than actually eating. "I could eat this but then I'd lose the spot, I'd better go buy a new one first."

If everyone you live with tells you not to post here cause its like "asking to get kicked in the nuts."

Last edited:
hahaha so true, keep m comming!

If the other people in your apartment building park their extra cars in your assigned spot because they only see your car parked there 5 days out of the month.

If you only get 4 TV channels because you have the basement apartment and you're too cheap to get basic cable.

If the only internet you have is at the city library and you always have to use a "guest pass" because you can't get a library card since you "don't actually live there" and have an out of state ID.

You cook everything in the oven because you're too cheap to buy a $30 walmart brand microwave.

Everything you "cook" is frozen and comes in a tray because you don't want to take your chances with the stuff in the fridge.

Last edited:
True crashpad story:

Went lights out around 10pm with only two of four bunks occupied. At 0400 woke up when a guy turned on bathroom light to go take a shower. At 0404 another guy knocks on bathroom door, says "coming in", enters the bathroom and brushes teeth. When the bathroom door opened and shower-guy walked out I pulled out my earplugs and said, "What the f--- is going on?" He replied, "It's okay, we were both in the Navy."

Both these guys arrived after I went to sleep. Both are Southwest.

Hey,
You keep your shower shoes next to the hot bunk, because the carpet is too jizz encrusted to walk on with bare feet!
PBR

Latest resources

Back