• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You know what I love about Wal Mart?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, if any of y'all know of any good CL gigs, how about posting them here and maybe giving the poor bastards a break!

Two words...NET JETS.

Its not a CL gig, but it will pay more money and yield a better QOL than Walmart will EVER will...and they'll fly from home too.

Good post Bender. But, unfortunately, "common sense" will get you no where on this thread.

Two words...NET JETS.

Its not a CL gig, but it will pay more money and yield a better QOL than Walmart will EVER will...and they'll fly from home too.

QOL is defined in many different ways. For me, Netjets (that's one word :D ) is a good fit. For others, being home every night--like the Wal-Mart guys usually are--is much more important.

Everybody wants something different out of life...

Not sure where to go with this but as long as they can still keep flying the rest of the fleet it's not that bad and could be a lot worse. As for having to take the pay cut, the pilots involved I think have been around there long enough where that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Sorry to see this happen to anyone...

Good post Bender. But, unfortunately, "common sense" will get you no where on this thread.

Hot-

Bender forgot to include the facts about walmart that are destructive and unethical to individuals and communities...

It is not that walmart needs to go way.. they just need to change thier ethics....

To just say "If you don't like walmart don't shop there" and ignore the ethics and destructive is irresponsible...

Wow, how did that Kool-Aid taste, there Bender?

The thing you fail to see is that the executive committee now has their foot in the door.... the hand is writing on the wall and the fat lady is warming up!

Never in the history of this flight department has an airplane been sold without being immediately replaced. It's kinda like screwing a virgin.... It takes months and months, sometimes even years of planning and manuvering to get in the door, but once you stick it in the first time, it gets easier every time. Thats whats happening in Rogers. The majority of the execs see our department as a huge liability, and would rather spend the money to open regional offices and place the RVPs in their respective territories (which is happening now) than continue to support our department. Look for more cuts to come... the Challenger was just the first to go because it was an easy target. It was not eliminated because it was not useful to the company, it was eliminated because it was expensive (although I find it funny that they didn't even consider that the Global costs nearly double to operate).

As far as the pay cuts... yes, it does hurt. You can sit in your cushy 2nd floor office and spew your Kool-Aid infused drivel to the world, but before you go telling me what a great opportunity it is to go back to the domestic fleet, why don't you give up 25% of your pay and see how that feels.

As for me and mine... I will go back to flying domestic and smile each morning like a good little boy, but any loyalty that I had for the company and any ounce of respect for its management are long gone. I know that something far better will come along, but I have a family to feed right now, so I'll be the mindless little worker drone that the company expects me to be for now.

Well that definitely sucks for those guys, but how is this any different than any other company that parks an airplane? When the worst that happens is you still have a decent flying job with a halfway reasonable wage I'd say you should be thanking God. If you don't like it you know what they say: it's better to hunt for a job while you're already employed. I don't mean to sound trite about the negative aspects of this situation, but take a breath and realize it's not nearly as bad as what thousands of pilots have experienced (some more than once) in the past.

Good luck to you guys.

Well that definitely sucks for those guys, but how is this any different than any other company that parks an airplane? When the worst that happens is you still have a decent flying job with a halfway reasonable wage I'd say you should be thanking God. If you don't like it you know what they say: it's better to hunt for a job while you're already employed. I don't mean to sound trite about the negative aspects of this situation, but take a breath and realize it's not nearly as bad as what thousands of pilots have experienced (some more than once) in the past.

Good luck to you guys.

Because Wal mart is such a wealthy company.. it is not like they are struggling... they have a repsonsbility as a global business leader. They could easily give these guys a fair severence package and help them find work...

simply put just becuase disrespecting your employees is common place doesn't make it right...

Smileyface,

I didn't mean to offend you. I have been in the situation you are in and it stinks.

I'll keep my opinions to myself.

My best to you and your family.

Latest resources

Back