You get what you pay for!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FrozenPilot said:
Guess I'm one of those UND grads who learned (and is still learning) in the real world too. Theres a lot more of us than many think.

Silly person. There is nothing to be learned from university-level flight programs. The only people who can teach you anything worthwhile in aviation are former B-17 pilots.

Similarly, the only people who can teach you anything about the law are 80 year-old ex-lawyers. Law school is a waste. So is an MBA from a top-ranked grad school... All you need to know about finance is learned as an intern in a major firm and 75 year-old ex-Wall Street types.

You can't learn crap from a university. All that book-learnin' is a waste.

How naiive you are. ;)

Riddle education was pretty good, even though I got my flight training elsewhere for more than half the price. Got the degree the smart way by working the system: two years of an aviation Community College in Florida and two of ERAU Extended Campus, all for FREE. Paid by Uncle Sam. Pell Grants are great, especially when you make as much as CFI's and Part 135 guys do. You will qualify if you know how to work the system. The ERAU professors couldn't have been better. No need to go to Daytona to spend a fortune and my diploma still says Embry-Riddle.

Last edited:
I went to ERAU (93-96) after 4yrs in the Navy. I don't think the flight training is any better than most places but I feel that the academics were better. We had classes on aerodynamics, navigation, turbine engines, heck we even had a engine test cell. We did navigation on great circle routes and planed atlantic crossings. They have a great intern program. I did one for a freight outfit flying Metro's and was able to start flying turbine eqipment at 275 hrs TT. It was a big step up but the Capts were all very helpfull and taught us well. 4 1/2 yrs from ERAU grad to USair FO. As a Capt on the Metro I flew with many more ERAU interns and all did a fine job. Almost all are now flying at the majors , many at the two big freight companys were I hope to join them soon, now one day I'll be thier FO. Daytona was a great time as well, were else can you walk across the street surf a couple hours then head to class come home and surf some more then go drink at the Ocean Deck and chase honeys. I miss Ponce Inlet rights.

You show a poor learning curve by leaving the Marines for the army

What exactly is a aviator marine grunt anyway? Where you a Marine grunt that became a Marine aviator, or a Marine aviator that all ways wanted to be Marine grunt. If you never lived in hole on a battle field then go play with you flyboy friends!:D

Latest resources

Back