• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You Can Have Fun Flying a C-17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It can fly from KSVN to LPLA with a M-1 on board - that is all the Air Force asked for when they bought it back in 1984 and thats what they got. The er jets kind of fix the problem a bit but it will all get better when FDX buys 30 or more
just my 2 cents

It's got a kick ass galley. It also has 110v outlets down the cargo area. Great for your computers or air mattresses.

Those 110V outlets come in real handy when brewing up a pot of REAL Colombian coffee in the crewrest while watching the sun rise for the second time in one day.

Gay butt sex is not "getting laid."

This coming from a dude that spends 6 months at one time on a bo-at with 1000 other guys and hotbunking in full effect. Hey pot, kettle is calling.

Keep those eyes straightforward, no gaysing!

I can remember back in the mid to late 90's when all those 141 flight engineers were bad mouthing the C-17. It doesn't have the range, the apu is in the wrong place, etc, etc, etc.

Oh ya, remember when they were going to add an engineers station? It was already wired for it! I think those guys were just bitter!!!

I can remember back in the mid to late 90's when all those 141 flight engineers were bad mouthing the C-17. It doesn't have the range, the apu is in the wrong place, etc, etc, etc.

Oh ya, remember when they were going to add an engineers station? It was already wired for it! I think those guys were just bitter!!!

I shared a crew bus at Travis with a couple C-5 engineers a couple years back. They said the same thing "We heard they're gonna put an engineer on that thing." We tried to keep a straight face, didn't tell them our flight engineer was a black box. MSgt Pentium III or something. Let 'em dream we figured.

Layovers leave a little to be desired, seeing the sun rise and set twice in one day sucks, but it truly is a pretty sweet airplane.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back