Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You asked for it, here it is.......................

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"As of the merger announcement, US Airways was down to 26 days of cash. That cash decline continued through closing of the merger despite its sale of assets to Eastshore Aviation LLC (Republic Airlines) for $125 million. By September 2005, just prior to the transaction closing, US Airways was down to five days of cash."

Here's your sign.............

And on January 8, 2001 TWA was down to X hours before liquidation ... except for the other plan involving financing by Boeing (fact, not speculation). Why must a pilot's worth be determined by the financial condition of his/her employer?

Last edited:
For me, personally, the fact that they had five days of operating cash left means nothing as far as their worth as airmen and human beings. However it does tick me off that after having been in that position they want to staple virtually the entire AWA pilot group via strict date of hire.

I don't want to staple them but they want to staple me.

Last edited:

Don't worry about TWA******************************, he can go to the bottom of the list per DOH so he can feel good. I'll take my rightful place, hopefully relative seniority.

Why don't we all sit down,shut up and see what the arbitrator comes up with, OK children??

PHXFLYR:cool:

And on January 8, 2001 TWA was down to X hours before liquidation ... except for the other plan involving financing by Boeing (fact, not speculation). Why must a pilot's worth be determined by the financial condition of his/her employer?

Good god man who do you work for? And what is this about "Why must a pilots worth be determined...blah blah blah.."

We are not determining a pilots worth here. We are merging two seniority lists. The ALPA merger policy does not mention being nice or taking into account a pilots worth.

If US Airways was down to 26 days cash with zero chance of financing then that would have a very strong effect on the "Career expectations" of AAA pilots. The pre-merger status of furloughed pilots would be to never get recalled and they should consider it a windfall to someday have the opportunity to get called back to the bottom of LCC's list. We are not playing nice here or team building we are determining the futures of 1800 AWA pilots. AAA was done plain and simple. Their cash position was extremely pertinent.

If US Airways was down to 26 days cash with zero chance of financing then that would have a very strong effect on the "Career expectations" of AAA pilots.

Who determined there was "zero" chance of financing?

We are not playing nice here or team building we are determining the futures of 1800 AWA pilots.

One day you will need to do some serious team building and if I am not mistaken the majority of members on your new team will be AAA pilots.

AAA was done plain and simple.

AWA has had a few close calls in its past also.

Their cash position was extremely pertinent.

That's true, but the value of their operation is also important and what they brought to the table with an east coast presence, international operation and wide bodied flying which could have a significant positive effect on your career. You also have to consider how your prospects have changed due to this merger.

Besides, career expectation is only one of several considerations, it's not the only one nor the most important.

Good god man who do you work for? And what is this about "Why must a pilots worth be determined...blah blah blah.."

We are not determining a pilots worth here. We are merging two seniority lists. The ALPA merger policy does not mention being nice or taking into account a pilots worth.

If US Airways was down to 26 days cash with zero chance of financing then that would have a very strong effect on the "Career expectations" of AAA pilots. The pre-merger status of furloughed pilots would be to never get recalled and they should consider it a windfall to someday have the opportunity to get called back to the bottom of LCC's list. We are not playing nice here or team building we are determining the futures of 1800 AWA pilots. AAA was done plain and simple. Their cash position was extremely pertinent.

Gee...I'll bet nobody even thought of this....has somebody taken this to Mr. Nicolau? Quick fax it to him....hurry.....he needs this information so that "x" can happen...This is real genius !!!

Tejas

Latest resources

Back