• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You are out of your mind if you choose to work at NETJETS now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The new CBA will not require training contracts. It will also negate those currently in force.

Look, I just posted the numbers for comparison's sake sans any commentary, but a couple of you just just couldn't resist being a smarta$$.

Griz,

Hope in one hand and $hit in the other. Tell me which one fills up first. Fact is you aren't competitive now and the way things are going your new contract may not get you there either.

Heavyset,

They aren't even close. Except for 1st year pay any CMR pilot makes approximately $5K - $17K more than their NJ counterpart for doing less work and being home more days. It's not until you compare 8th year Capt pay does it get about even. That's not even considering the differences in 1st and 2nd year Capt pay because neither is a realistic opportunity at either company right now. The 7/7 schedule is in the minority at NJ and even if it were the norm who wants to be gone for 7 days at a time. The Citation X outclimbs any Boeing too. So what? Yeah it really looks like the NJ pilots are being respected by management. Look at how well the negotiations are going.

What is it with some of you? The small jet community is routinely villified as being substandard yet when the facts are compared side by side we fare pretty well. Flying a CRJ/ERJ for a jet national airline isn't as bad as some of you would like to make out.

Despite the above comments, I sincerely hope that the NJ pilots get a great contract. I'm just responding to these two knucklehead's smarta$$ posts.

Caveman said:
There have been a couple of references to regional pay with the suggestion that it is even worse than NJ pay. Just for the sake of accuracy here is a side by side comparison of CMR and NJ.
Accuracy?

Those numbers are pretty exaggerated according to http://www.airlinepilotpay.com/comair/comair.htm

A few flaws with your comparison. First, that is Comair's new pay scale compared to our 6 year old scale. They have a 75 hour min (avg 80+) compared to our 40-50 hour avg month.
Per Diem is N-O-T salary! I know your NJA figures did not include per diem, did Comairs? Knock out that 6-7k for per diem and I think those numbers get a lot closer.

No per diem,
No OT,
No extended days,
Just plain, flat, base pay.

"Regional Pilots Worth"
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showth...5&highlight=w-2
I know these aren't CA, but....

13 years at Eagle to make 80K?!?!?!?!

and

A quote from blueridge71:
"I am a regional FO with just over two years seniority.
...I currently spend approximately three weeks a month on the road.
...Typically we have 2-3 days off between trips.
...Our contract gives us 11 days off.
...I made $21,000 last year. It rises to $28,000 if you count per diem.
...since I got a pay raise to the CRJ scale this year...I'll probably still only make $30-35K."

Dear God please stop comparing yourself to regional airlines.

Dont feel special, the guy at Starbucks or Mcdonalds makes more than those guys too...

so ya got em' beat Ace.......congratulations

:(

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
please stop comparing yourself to regional airlines.
Sure.....as soon as you stop telling us how much more you make and how much better your life is.

Like Louis Grizzard used to say: "It's like two mules fighting over a turnip. Who cares?"

If you don't like what you read, why do you keep reading the frac threads?

Never said how much I make. I do fine, but it could always be better. I can say, honestly, I make a very fair wage and am fortunate....and you?

I love it...."go to your own board"..

Dont get huffy, I do like many things I read here..like:

"warning, this place will screw you, stay away" - good advice
"we wont take that $hit money offer" - great! dont! vote NO!
"They can afford to do more" yes they can
"we deserve better" YES YOU DO.

Its all true.

Just makes me ill when folks justify it by saying "we do better than the regionals" - there is something to aspire to, huh?

How about the NBAA averages?
How about the majors?
the LCC's?
Starbucks?

raise your bar Capt, its all scratched up from lying on the ground for so long..

Last edited:
Caveman said:
Hope in one hand and $hit in the other. Tell me which one fills up first.
I posted this exact same thing....virtually word for word...in another thread. Someone got offended. Turned me in to the moderators. One of 'em PMd me and asked that I watch it. You know...whacked my pee pee. So, I have tried to watch it since. Sort of. I wonder if the moderators will whack you, too? Or is it just me???;) Or my "name"?

Before I get censored again, I suppose I'll lay low for a while.

Yes, accuracy.

The numbers I posted are hourly pay X 1000 for the year. CMR lines are built to an 83 hour minimum and you are pay protected for that amount (83X12=996 hours of pay per year, minimum). Forgive me for rounding! The NJ numbers were monthly salary X 12. Unless you end up working an extra day that's all you get, right? I did not include per diem for either company. Where am I being inaccurate?

I'm not trying to bash NJA or any frac, but the FALSE impression is that fracs pay much better than regionals. That's just not true and it's the only point I was trying to make.

Last edited:
Caveman said:
Look, I just posted the numbers for comparison's sake sans any commentary, but a couple of you just just couldn't resist being a smarta$$.

Griz,

Hope in one hand and $hit in the other. Tell me which one fills up first. Fact is you aren't competitive now and the way things are going your new contract may not get you there either.

Heavyset,

They aren't even close. Except for 1st year pay any CMR pilot makes approximately $5K - $17K more than their NJ counterpart for doing less work and being home more days. It's not until you compare 8th year Capt pay does it get about even. That's not even considering the differences in 1st and 2nd year Capt pay because neither is a realistic opportunity at either company right now. The 7/7 schedule is in the minority at NJ and even if it were the norm who wants to be gone for 7 days at a time. The Citation X outclimbs any Boeing too. So what? Yeah it really looks like the NJ pilots are being respected by management. Look at how well the negotiations are going.

What is it with some of you? The small jet community is routinely villified as being substandard yet when the facts are compared side by side we fare pretty well. Flying a CRJ/ERJ for a jet national airline isn't as bad as some of you would like to make out.

Despite the above comments, I sincerely hope that the NJ pilots get a great contract. I'm just responding to these two knucklehead's smarta$$ posts.
Hey Caveman,

Knucklehead post? Very professional. Why don't you lighten up man? Note that Heavy thought the NJA pilots WERE NOT respected by their dispatchers and management. He acknowledged the total lack of respect for the pilot group. Is it possible that some people would naturally be more inclined to fly the fractional lifestyle than fly the same old boring routes over and over and over?

Everyone knows that NJA pay sucks and that the NJA pilots deserve much higher wages. We all hope it gets better soon - and don't knock other people who actually enjoy flying and would look forward to flying high-performance aircraft (not everyone is jaded like you)....

Comair will have slow growth for the foreseeable future with limited Captain upgrades - that's a fact. Don't expect an influx of additional CRJs any time soon and the 100 seaters will go to the DAL mainliners. Comair career growth will be dead in the water for many people (especially if J4J is instituted - you never know...) who might expect faster upgrades. I wouldn't get so excited about sitting in the right seat of a CRJ for 8-10 years....

Last edited:
Six,

I'm not knocking anybody. I simply posted some numbers to consider and Griz and Heavyset posted what I interpreted as smarta$$ed comments. I was responding to their sarcasm. After rereading Heavyset's post I see how his managment comment could be read differently.

How did you conclude that I was jaded? Ever fly with me? I love my job and if anything I'm too upbeat about what I do. That's why when my sector of the industry is disparaged I defend it.

As far as growth and upgrade at CMR it isn't any worse than it is now at NJ. According to some of the numbers posted on this thread it will be 3-5 years for a NJ newhire to upgrade. That's no different than what's going on at Comair right now. The numbers show that a pilot would be better off financially stuck in the right seat of one of our CRJs as opposed to being stuck in the right seat of a bizjet at NJA.

Frac or airline? They are different animals in some ways and the same thing in other ways. Choose your own poison. I'm just trying to kill the myth that regional pilots are grossly underpaid and get paid much less than a frac pilot.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back