You are out of your mind if you choose to work at NETJETS now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJA Capt said:
Dude, you need to look in the mirror. You just described yourself. Corp pilots "just happen to fly the planes" too.

I don't see you (the pilot) building semiconductors, writing loans, or building anything but time. You "just fly the plane" too. Unless you work for one of those real jewel corp depts that make you work the office, loading dock, or drive a truck when you aren't flying. The people you carry in the back run the company.......oh wait, that's like us.

You think making a living where aviation IS making money is scary? You have your head screwed on backwards. As Catyaak said, corp departments are an expense on the part of the company you fly for. When times are bad, what gets trimmed? Profits of expenses?

We are ALL "just working in aviation."

By the way, I have seen several Fortune 100 flight department literally disappear. Departments around since the '30/'40s, gone overnight. No-one is immune, so watch out standing on that pedestal.

Yea, I know mine to January. How about you?

Free stereo, mountain bike, trips to Hawaii/Beach/etc.
And real live med/dental/vis too.

Our flight dept has made a few $billion. How about yours? Oh yea, you're an expense.

This argument has got to stop. It's the same as Commuter pilots saying they don't fly Regional jets, when the word Regional is stamped on the side of the plane.

We both fly other people in THEIR business jets.
We both fly non-scheduled business/personal flights.
We are both paid what our company feels is fair, whether we agree with the figure or not.

You can knock off the PFT ideas too. They did something similar for a limited time, decided it didn't work, and gave all of the money back. How many PFTs have ever given the money back, AND given them a type? There are corp departments that STILL require their people to pay for a type/training too. Many pay for the training and aren't allowed a type until they upgrade.

There are too many insecure people on this board that try to justify their place in life, and attempting to make themselves look more fortunate, by degrading everyone else's position.

It's o-v-e-r. Let's move on.

I know I just described myself, that was the point. We just fly the plane..where did I lose you?

is this all the info Netjets and santulli are feeding you as they stick it in your A$$ for 23K/yr??

oh sorry...you are a Capt...make that 38K/yr.....let me re-phrase that....."with my per diem and my free stereo from Marriott Points I make 41K/yr"...

frucking hilarious

Last edited:
Would you quit copying the whole post? We all know what I posted. I think you need to re-read your own post.

I had a real elaborate response written, but I've decided to ignore your childish playground antics. Let's just say that your true ignorance about this shows. We know you don't like the fracs and we don't really don't care.

Remember the old saying? You have two ears and one mouth, because you are to listen twice as much as you talk.

I think that applies here too. Most of the respondents on this thread have made 200-300 posts in two years. You have made an astonishing 1598.

Something to think about.

I dislike people who drag down industry salaries, thats what I DISLIKE.

None of us know truly how long we will have jobs - thats no secret...I just dont want to out interviewing one day and hear "well, Netjets tools are HAPPY to take this job for 70K/yr"..when it used to pay 120K+

41K/yr and a whole lotta Marriott Points..(are they included in salary?)

theres something to SERIOUSLY think about, ya know?

:rolleyes:

You're right, I dont understand fracs.

Best of Luck.

Last edited:
I understand where you're coming from. We've heard the "dragging down the average" line for a decade, but there is a problem with that argument. This isn't specifically aimed at you.... but here it is.

There are approx 10,000 (turbine) corp operators (16k if you throw in turbine charter) in the USA, of which the main fracs are 4. The total frac pilot population is less than 3% of all 148,000 active ATP rated pilots. (NOT including the other 138,000 active commercial pilots in the USA).

There is no logical or mathematical way that 3% can skew the average of the other 97%. Or that 4 companies can bring down 16,000 other companies.

I can't imagine any GOOD flight department, using such a bad reason to justify lowering their pay. Nor have I heard of anyone using that to excuse their low pay. You would think after 18 years of fractional ops, someone would have first hand knowledge of this happening. I think "Myth Busters" would even debunk this theory.

Oddly, You don't hear near as much attention to the Regional Airlines pay which starts even lower than our 6 year old scale. That's scary.

http://www.nbaa.org/@@QBJEElW4LAES/factbook/2003/section4.htm

There have been a couple of references to regional pay with the suggestion that it is even worse than NJ pay. Just for the sake of accuracy here is a side by side comparison of CMR and NJ.

NJA FO 27120 28320 29640 30640 32160
CMR FO 23000 37000 38000 40000 41000

NJA CA 37560 39840 47160 57960 60960 64200 67560 74520 77640
CMR CA 60000 62000 64000 66000 68000 70000 72000 75000 77000

(Sorry about the bold text. I haven't figured out how to not make it bold when I cut and paste text from a Word document.)

Last edited:
CatYaaak said:
No, they aren't.

Post # 27 on this thread is one of the best thought out and accuarate summaries I've read yet.

As COO of a large regional charter company, I had the opportunity to develop a quazi-fractional (regional) operation. From a management perspective Cat Yaaak understands the goal of management in regard to labor perfectly. Fractional labor is most closely comparable to charter labor. Fractionals are not set up to work like airlines in terms of wages and benefits. Fracs are hybrid charter models with a few airline style perks. The biggest benefit the fracs have over charter operators is that they are organized and have the ability to manipulate the model only with a strong Union and MEC. Otherwise it is like digging sand, and there will never be a real comparison to a legitamate "Corporate Flight Department" or a real Part 121 Airline.

Since my time in the Ivory Tower (mgmt), I have pursued my career as a Part 121 Captain for a very stable airline and haven't looked back. It is great. Good luck to you all in pursuit of a real contract and a strong union.

Caveman said:
There have been a couple of references to regional pay with the suggestion that it is even worse than NJ pay. Just for the sake of accuracy here is a side by side comparison of CMR and NJ.

(Sorry about the bold text. I haven't figured out how to not make it bold when I cut and paste text from a Word document.)
For a second I thought you were posting some kind of weather report.... Winds aloft or something similar? :D

Caveman said:

So, they look pretty competitive although Comair wages increase faster in the beginning... If you factor in the 7/7 schedule and the current gateway system (for grandfathered pilots), Netjets looks pretty good. And a Citation X outclimbs a CRJ-200 anyday... Too bad none of the NJA pilots are respected by the dispatchers or management...

Question

I currently work for Independance Air. I'm going to get furloughed in January. Starting pay is better than what I make there now I believe. Would it be an ok place to work for say a year? Would I have to give up my senority number? Thanks for the help.

griz i thought with the new contract they do away with the training contracts. At least that is what the letter said.

I'm betting the only thing holding people here are the training contracts.

Do away with that and this place will have more turnover than a mcdonalds.

Latest resources

Back