Yet Another Swa Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mbd

First I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this board. It really is a great resource.

I am very fortunate to have an interview with Southwest. I am on furlough with UAL and want to communicate in the strongest possible way that if I am successful I will resign my seniority number.

How should I do this? Include a resignation letter/ statement of intent / affidavit with my application or give it to the interviewer? Is it just assumed that you will resign your number?

If I am successful at the interviews I just don’t want any doubt in the minds of the Decision Board.

Thanks.

Resign Seniority

MBD:

I am furloughed US Airways and interviewed in early Feb. waiting for the DB on March 13th. It was made VERY clear by more than 1 interviewer that I would be required to sign 2 resignation letters. 1 to Flight OPS and 1 to HR. Hope this helps.

Good luck

I am a furloughed AA pilot. I have no problem resigning my seniority and will do so when I start at SWA in the next month or so. Don't resign anything, sign any letters, etc for the interview. You can make it clear that if you are offered a job at Southwest you will resign from your previous employer by just telling them. Don't burn a bridge until you have another one built! My $.02

Try this!!

I, and about five other guys, got bird shi+ on our suits while walking from the sim building back to the HQ building during the tour... just prior to the afternoon interview!!! Wow, talk about a nifty little ice breaker.:rolleyes: The first interviewer got a kick out of it--not to mention a good laugh at my expense. If you can work a deal with the birds, then I suppose you can get sympathy points for bird droppings.

Seriously, just be yourself and have fun. That way you can really show them how enthusiastic you are about working there. Don't hesitate when they ask you if you'd be willing to give up the seniority number at UAL. Kinda like playing poker... if you flinch, the other players will know you are bluffing.

If you can get through the typical "S-A-R" questions posed at the interview in Denver, then you'll be well prepared for the same in Dallas. It is just a bit friendlier interview in Dallas compared to Denver.

Send me a private message if you'd like to discuss it further. I was also furloughed from UAL, but my interview was before all the Sept 11th stuff happened.

Best of luck!

RightBettor:)

P.S. I agree with Magic... don't sign anything until you have to. That's good advice just about anywhere!!

If that B737 type rating on your profile was self-funded, I would say that is pretty good evidence to support your assertion that you are serious about working for SWA.

Latest resources

Back