Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Yet another interesting article about DL/NWA, and others...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The most welcoming fact about a potential NWA Delta merger is that the NWA EMT will no longer exist. Steenland and Cohen strengths lie solely in being hatchet men and collecting on employee sacrifices. Neither really has the enthusiasm in running an airline and Richard would be a welcome change.

We can only hope!

I think that the DC-9 problem would solve itself post merger...

As soon as the 9s are painted in Delta's colors they will be magically transformed and become part of the Wonderful World of Delta, where nothing bad ever happens and airplanes live forever.;)

I think it's called a "pinky swear" over there. They then both saw a VW, called out "lovebug" AT THE SAME TIME, and then Boeing punched Anderson in the arm and yelled ... "JINX! You owe me a coke."

Anderson was overhead saying, "You ain't-a getting no coke."

Perhaps the single most worthless post ever on FI...

The big worry here is what will happen IMMEDIATELY with those DC9s. Our scope clause did allow 3 76 seaters per new airplane, but we just dumped 35 Freedom Air 50 seaters, and more to come. Didn't Mesaba just get 12 50 seaters, and how many CR9s are they getting, along with Compass E175s?

Mesaba is getting 15 CRJ200's from Pinnacle, they are just transfers of existing aircraft, which will bring give us 17 CRJ200s total. There will be 36 CRJ900's total at the end of delivery, which will probably happen before the merger is complete, these aircraft are replacing the 36 AVRO's that we flew (probably before you were are DAL).

Compass is a whole other story. I won't go there.

DAL's regional problem is that they outsourced to every fricken regional out there. Now there is no more control over or amongst them as the bottom feeders undercut each others contracts. Freedom lost their 50 seaters to to operational performance.

NWA has better control over their regionals. They own them or sit on their boards.

Obviously, I work for XJ so I have somewhat of a vested intrest in what happens here. But I agree that the scope clauses are a very important fix to a problem that was created in the early to mid 90's.

Latest resources

Back