• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Goose Egg

Big Jens
Hey all,

If looking for a headset to use in both airplanes and helicopters, would you:

A. Buy a normal straight corded airplane headset with dual plugs and buy the adapter for helicopters?

B. Buy a coiled corded airplane headset with dual airplane plugs and buy the adapter for helicopters?

C. Buy a coiled corded helicopter headset with the single plug and buy the adapter for airplanes?

or

D. Buy a headset with a detachable cord so that you can switch between airplanes and helicopters?

Thanks,
-Goose

Get a coiled cord...no more kinks...stays out of the way...have one on my DC and my Bose...

Eric

I fly with a DC H-10-60..... excellent headset so far, but I'd suggest physically trying on whatever you're thinking of buying.

I'm guessing that'd be D., the detachable cord.

So what are the advantages of using a coiled cord vs. a straight one?

-Goose

We use Bose X in our Citation. The right seat pilot's plugs into an area near the right arm rest. Because the Bose earcups are designed to fit a particular ear, the coiled cord would fit too tight (IMO) running from the left ear cup across the chest and into the plug-in. The cord can be reattached to the right ear cup, but we didn't want to do that as we have two airplanes and wanted to keep the headset's standard...for what it's worth.

Latest resources

Back